Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2020 5:15:48 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Used it plenty, didn’t abuse it. (Not horribly, anyway)

Used for all sorts of shit. Always figured it would damn near decapitate, or split a head if asked to in a pinch.

Still takes a wicked sharp long lasting edge.

I bought it in the mid 80’s I believe, but not certain.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't that from before they started making everything off shore?  I have an early Tanto that was US made.  Compared to the off shore stuff it is head and shoulders above.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Still made in Nepal Khukuris

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I bought it in the mid 80’s I believe, but not certain.
View Quote

Had that very one or at least it had the same/similar lettering in 1987(?) and they busted the passenger window out of my 79 GMC 4WD to steal it.
Door wasn't even locked, lock didn't work on that side, but I guess the drivers door was locked as it locked anytime you slammed it.
Anyway, great truck, better knife, indestructible, used it to cut coax.  Small engine shop sharpened it for me for nothing, the guy wanted it so badly.
Great old memories.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't that from before they started making everything off shore?  I have an early Tanto that was US made.  Compared to the off shore stuff it is head and shoulders above.
View Quote

Yes. Back then I used to tell my like minded friends “Cold Steel or No steel”

I would prefer USA made but I have some of their Japan and even Taiwan blades that are super high quality and still built like a tank.

I believe my Master Hunter and the Bird and Trout are USA but I’d have to look.

Bought 5 of these Japan made Voyagers in the 90’s. This one is EDC for over 20 years and has been used for things you would think I was BS’ing if listed.
2 went to long term girlfriends after we moved on. They both were like”Can I keep the knife you always made me carry”

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top