Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2022 7:47:08 PM EDT
Any companies receive SBRs then pin and weld them to make them 16oal? I’ve found a 14.5 rifle I like. The guy that has it says it will take a year for the stamp
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there something really special about it that you can’t get already pinned or send off the get cut and pinned? Seems like a lot of hassle or patience otherwise.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask if he'll split it up and ship the upper to you (or somewhere like ADCO to perform the P&W), and the receiver to your FFL.

Then he can send a letter to ATF (if he wants to) advising it's no longer a SBR.

If he won't do that, maybe your local NFA dealer would split it for you and transfer as Title I? Eform 3 is fast and tax-exempt (assuming the seller is a SOT and the SBR is already on their eForms inventory).
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
ETA: damnit, second place!

Is it an AR? Just have him separate the two halves, send you the upper and xfer the lower to an FFL. Send the upper to be pinned and welded and have the person drop a letter to remove from registry.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA: damnit, second place!

Is it an AR? Just have him separate the two halves, send you the upper and xfer the lower to an FFL. Send the upper to be pinned and welded and have the person drop a letter to remove from registry.
View Quote

It is a AR. I asked if he would do that, he acted like I was crazy and it would be totally illegal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds really complicated
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is a AR. I asked if he would do that, he acted like I was crazy and it would be totally illegal.
View Quote

Then the guy is an idiot.  It would have to be a very special rifle for me to deal with an idiot.  Life is too short, and there's always another gun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Just buy the upper you want, then send it if for PNW

And if you want a matching lower just buy one separately from the dealer and he ships to FFL.  No stamp hassles as it’s just a lower instead of an SBR
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I talked to ADCO. They are going to receive the gun, pin/weld and de register it as a SBR.
I called the guy again today to try and explain how easy it would be to separate and un register it as a SBR. Again he was totally not even listening. He said because it’s a 5.56/223 they would not take it off the books.lol
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I talked to ADCO. They are going to receive the gun, pin/weld and de register it as a SBR.
I called the guy again today to try and explain how easy it would be to separate and un register it as a SBR. Again he was totally not even listening. He said because it’s a 5.56/223 they would not take it off the books.lol
View Quote

You have way more patience than me. There’s no way I’d deal with a stupid ass like him.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You have way more patience than me. There’s no way I’d deal with a stupid ass like him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he was a prick too. Like he didn’t have time to talk to me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah he was a prick too. Like he didn’t have time to talk to me.
View Quote

Then you have to wonder what made it worth the hassle to deal with the guy instead of just telling him to pound sand and walk away.

Unless we're talking about a Son Tay GAU-5A/A or Gary Gordon’s actual carbine, AR15s are a commodity item.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#12]
This dealer you’re working with is a moron of the lowest order. You should let him know that so he can begin to change the course of his life.

Also, ARs are super easy to put together. Just buy the parts and put it together the way you want. Complete guns are for tha ladies.

ETA: ADCO does excellent work. They pinned and welded an AWB gun for me right after the sunset in 04 and you can’t even tell it’s ever been worked on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:58:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I called the guy again today to try and explain how easy it would be to separate and un register it as a SBR. Again he was totally not even listening. He said because it's a 5.56/223 they would not take it off the books.lol
View Quote
What is so special about that rifle that it is worth dealing with an idiot like this?  Is it some limited edition speciality rifle?

Regarding the Form 4 wait time, granted it is a bit like a lottery but, NFA wait times are nowhere near a year for most people right now doing E-File 'paperwork'.  In fact, suppressors around here are averaging 70 days on a Form 4 right now.  I know, hard to believe but, that's still longer than it takes to refinance a house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top