BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think the lower price ($720) for the USA-parts version makes it any better of a sell?
View Quote
Yea obviously.  But I still wouldn't buy it again.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone care to share their TP9-N engraving? Seems like there no room near the original factor engraving
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
THSF engraved mine on the polymer on the bottom side towards the rear.  I deferred to them as they deal with tons of engraving and TP9s.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone seen any black TP9N pistols lately? I'm on all the waitlists...
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
THSF engraved mine on the polymer on the bottom side towards the rear.  I deferred to them as they deal with tons of engraving and TP9s.
View Quote

THSF did the same for mine.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Just filed for the new trust.
New trust [?]
Notarized [ ]
Fingerprints[ ]
Passport photo [ ]
eForm [ ]
Engraving [ ]
At this rate I'll have my Tp9 paperwork back just as ammo prices get back to normal, lol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
New trust [?]
Notarized [ ]
Fingerprints[ ]
Passport photo [ ]
eForm [ ]
Engraving [ ]
At this rate I'll have my Tp9 paperwork back just as ammo prices get back to normal, lol.
View Quote

New trust [?]
Notarized [? ]
eForm [ ]
Engraving [ ]

EDIT: I just read about the fingerprints, passport photos and CLEO notification. That's not even a step, lol. I can do that in 5 min.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
So does anyone have any solid (preferably with source) info about when in the fuck silencers are going to be here? I prepaid expecting them here in February
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I used:
1) B&T AG, Switzerland
2) TP9-N
3) 5.1
4) 20.6 (length with standard folding stock)
View Quote

For form 5320.23 Box 4b do you put B&T AG, Switzerland or B&T USA? All the documentation I'm reading says "either the manufacturer or importer".
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So does anyone have any solid (preferably with source) info about when in the fuck silencers are going to be here? I prepaid expecting them here in February
View Quote
Same boat as you.  Wish we would get some definitive info.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got the following email from THSF that 1st batches of the TP9 suppressors are coming next week.  So forwarded it off to my FFL/SOT for them to provide their info to THSF.
So looks like progress.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got the following email from THSF that 1st batches of the TP9 suppressors are coming next week.  So forwarded it off to my FFL/SOT for them to provide their info to THSF.
So looks like progress.

View Quote

Hopefully that means they'll start shipping to other dealers as well, as I'm 1st or 2nd in line at EuroOptic for one.  When I last checked at the end of January, THSF already had 100+ preorders and 150 on order...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hopefully that means they'll start shipping to other dealers as well, as I'm 1st or 2nd in line at EuroOptic for one.  When I last checked at the end of January, THSF already had 100+ preorders and 150 on order...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So looks like progress.

probably.  just double checked with THSF and they got my ffl's info and will be submitting the form3 today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Suppressor is on the way to my dealer.

Finally got a chance to take the TP9 out to zero it at 25yrds.  Best of my 5 shot groups with some Blazer.  
God the trigger is truly horrible. lol

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:25:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...God the trigger is truly horrible...
View Quote

Trigger travel can be smoothed-out with the proper lube. I recommend disassembly of the entire trigger mechanism, thoroughly de-grease, then apply Black Rifle Balm to all friction surfaces. This person, https://imgur.com/a/y7qs6, has a guide for the disassembly process. Take care removing and replacing the trigger bar. Reducing drag from the lengthy take-up will result in a defined wall to push through for-the-win.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Trigger travel can be smoothed-out with the proper lube. I recommend disassembly of the entire trigger mechanism, thoroughly de-grease, then apply Black Rifle Balm to all friction surfaces. This person, https://imgur.com/a/y7qs6, has a guide for the disassembly process. Take care removing and replacing the trigger bar. Reducing drag from the lengthy take-up will result in a defined wall to push through for-the-win.
View Quote

Further emphasis on this. Snapped mine right in half. Fortunately B&T USA had one on hand they sold me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll definitely degrease the entire gun and try the lube but not even going to try the disassembly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll definitely degrease the entire gun and try the lube but not even going to try the disassembly.
View Quote

If you choose to perform a superficial clean & lube, Field Balm is the lube to use. However, better results will be achieved by removing the sear mechanism.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought the suppressor yesterday and still don't have a TP9... Boneheaded move and pretty much the ultimate golden ruling.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bought the suppressor yesterday and still don't have a TP9... Boneheaded move and pretty much the ultimate golden ruling.
View Quote

Lmao, nah that's arf thinking.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#22]
My tp9 silencer backs off when shooting, any idea as to why? Its just the silencer backing of the mount itself, the mount is still tight. Before I shoot if I try to loosen the silencer it takes a ton of force, after shooting (even just half a mag) the silencer becomes loose to the point I can just loosen it by barely trying. Is this normal? I just dont want to have an inadvertent baffle strike.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My tp9 silencer backs off when shooting, any idea as to why? Its just the silencer backing of the mount itself, the mount is still tight. Before I shoot if I try to loosen the silencer it takes a ton of force, after shooting (even just half a mag) the silencer becomes loose to the point I can just loosen it by barely trying. Is this normal? I just dont want to have an inadvertent baffle strike.
View Quote

I've never had mine loosen without a deliberate effort.  If it's properly aligned with the lugs on the barrel collar, I would think any rotational force would be focused on the lug contact points instead of between the collar and suppressor (shooting it shouldn't induce thread rotation).  Do you see any issues in the threading?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've never had mine loosen without a deliberate effort.  If it's properly aligned with the lugs on the barrel collar, I would think any rotational force would be focused on the lug contact points instead of between the collar and suppressor (shooting it shouldn't induce thread rotation).  Do you see any issues in the threading?
View Quote

It threads on butter smooth, and as i am tightening it down it hits a wall and thats it, absolutely no tighter. However after shooting it will back off a little somehow. Without shooting it take a lot of force to back it ott.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It threads on butter smooth, and as i am tightening it down it hits a wall and thats it, absolutely no tighter. However after shooting it will back off a little somehow. Without shooting it take a lot of force to back it ott.
View Quote

Is there a little metal clip on the collar and is it engaging with the notched cuts on the suppressor base when you fully tighten the suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is there a little metal clip on the collar and is it engaging with the notched cuts on the suppressor base when you fully tighten the suppressor?
View Quote

Yep, which is why I don’t understand how it why it’s backing off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Wait begins

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#28]
https://osagecountyguns.com/firearms/suppressors/b-t-9mm-qd-oem-smg-pdw-suppressor-for-tp9-mp9.html

there are also a couple on GB along with this one. The new batch is out, just no way to know how many, what dealers, etc. Similar to HK SP5/SP5K-PDW distribution. Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:54:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Are these worth picking up if you already have another b&t pcc? Think I might want one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are these worth picking up if you already have another b&t pcc? Think I might want one.
View Quote

I have a APC9 and GHM9 and I’m still very happy with my TP9. It was my first B&T firearm. It’s different enough from the other options to make it interesting. BUT if you don’t intend to SBR and get the suppressor I wouldn’t get into the TP9
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll say its a very cool looking and compact pcc.  However.....the trigger is terrible and I mean terrible.  If someone can come up with an actual trigger mod to bring the trigger pull down to like 5lbs it would be an amazing pcc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#32]
RPS has been working on a sear option for a while.  I would recommend installing the CSM TP9 trigger bow.  I felt this helped improve the trigger pull (mostly by smoothing out the pull by removing the additional trigger safety).  I've been spoiled by precision/match triggers; so it's not as short of a pull or fast of a reset.  The trigger is consistent and functional and I can effectively adjust to it.  The trigger runs around 8 and 3/4 pounds on my gauge.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
RPS has been working on a sear option for a while.  I would recommend installing the CSM TP9 trigger bow.  I felt this helped improve the trigger pull (mostly by smoothing out the pull by removing the additional trigger safety).  I've been spoiled by precision/match triggers; so it's not as short of a pull or fast of a reset.  The trigger is consistent and functional and I can effectively adjust to it.  The trigger runs around 8 and 3/4 pounds on my gauge.
View Quote

yeah mine is over 10lbs stock.  I've seen the RPS one as well and they've been working on it for awhile now.  I'm not sure if its going to be vaporware or not.  I really really hope they come out with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Submitted Paperwork today. Daaaaammmmnnnn this has been a long time coming, lmao.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Im looking at joining the party and getting a tp9. What is the difference between the tp9 and the tp9n? Which is more preferable? The one with the pic rail on the bottom or the one with the stub for the vert grip? Is there a difference between the us made or swiss made silencer?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Im looking at joining the party and getting a tp9. What is the difference between the tp9 and the tp9n? Which is more preferable? The one with the pic rail on the bottom or the one with the stub for the vert grip? Is there a difference between the us made or swiss made silencer?
View Quote

You got it. The N Is the 'socket' for a VFG along with a level style of safety as opposed to the push button.
It's worth noting though customsmith does a VFG for the non N models.
Which ones better? Well do got want to SBR it? If so I'd go 'n'.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You got it. The N Is the 'socket' for a VFG along with a level style of safety as opposed to the push button.
It's worth noting though customsmith does a VFG for the non N models.
Which ones better? Well do got want to SBR it? If so I'd go 'n'.
View Quote

I plan on going all the way with it: sbr and suppressor the way it is intended. Is the new flip safety better than the cross bolt safety? I have an opportunity to trade an mpx for a tp9n, but it has the old cross bolt safety
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:12:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I plan on going all the way with it: sbr and suppressor the way it is intended. Is the new flip safety better than the cross bolt safety? I have an opportunity to trade an mpx for a tp9n, but it has the old cross bolt safety
View Quote

That's going to be a TP9 then. Not a TP9-N.
Not really a better or worse. Ive never really heard someone complain about one or the other. Personally? I'd say lever. Just because I associate button safeties with sporting guns like the 10/22 in my mind.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah I like the flip lever safety.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Anybody have a lead on an Alpine Green foregrip? When I was looking for the gun, foregrips were everywhere. Now I have the gun and can't find the foregrip!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Anybody know where I can buy a tp9 suppressor? I just signed up for waitlists at a bunch of places. There are a couple places I saw had them, but they wanted $1,000. I know that was the old going proce for them, but it seems like most places have them for $600 since they are made in the us now
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anybody know where I can buy a tp9 suppressor? I just signed up for waitlists at a bunch of places. There are a couple places I saw had them, but they wanted $1,000. I know that was the old going proce for them, but it seems like most places have them for $600 since they are made in the us now
View Quote

@Nballison

Good deal on a TP9 suppressor in the EE right now
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@Nballison

View Quote

I feel bad for that dude. Always sucks to see a doggo sick.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@Nballison

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Nballison

Yeah jump on that deal ASAP.  Finding one atm is impossible
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#46]

It's cool how they offer free engraving. If I wasn't already broke from a recent APC9 Pro purchase, I would be all over this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@Nballison

View Quote

Where is it in the ee listings? I dont see one in the nfa section
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Nballison

It was in the PCC section as the guy had the suppressor and a tp9 for sale.

all sold
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Day 50. Still no stamp.
E-file trust.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Tar Heel has black tp9s in stock and taking preorders on alpine green ones.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top