Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2020 8:02:44 AM EDT
I need help deciding folks!!

Or if you have another 9mm option let me know!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Would rather have the AK-V from Palmetto.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I would probably go with the AK-V also.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
KR-9 all day everyday

They are crazy accurate and fun to shoot

Winchester PDX Defender 124gr +P
Speer Gold Dot 124gr
Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P
Federal 124gr HST
Magtech 147gr subsonic First Defense Bonded

Magtech 147gr subsonic First Defense Bonded
Avg 2.65" 50 yards

Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P
Avg 1.3" 50 yards

Speer Gold Dot 124gr
Avg 1.4" 50 yards

Winchester PDX Defender 124gr +P
Avg 1.22" 50 yards

Federal 124gr HST
Avg 1.77" 50 yards

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Talk about polar opposites... Only thing they have in common is that they're both 9mm.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, do you want delayed blowback or direct blowback? Those are very different systems you list.

With respect to AKV vs. KP9, do you want a 9mm AK or do you want a true Vityaz clone? I have both AKV and KP9. I think the BHO of the AKV make it a slightly better gun. Cheaper mags too. But overall build quality goes to KP9. If I had to keep one of the two, it would be the KP9 without hesitation. Vityaz was a grail gun for me. And I think they are roughly the same price now.

If I just was going to have one 9mm gun from your list, and I didn't lust after the Vityaz, I'd go with the Banshee and the delayed blowback system.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both. Are you planning to shoot suppressed? Because the KP-9 is gassy as shit. And I'm not sure there's much you can do about that. You can get tuning weights for the Banshee. I use the medium weight. Helps with the recoil a bit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Unsuppressed, the AK is attractive with the folding stock.  Suppressed, the delayed blowback AR is noticeably nicer than blowback AR9s (low gas and less port pop without a ridiculously heavy blowback buffer slamming back and forth).

I think an AR SBR is more flexible (Blackout, Grendel, 6.8, rimfire, 9mm, etc.) if you don’t already have an AR SBR.  If the Banshee is for Glock mags then the general AR flexibility isn’t a consideration.

I didn’t vote because I haven’t experienced the 9mm AK yet.  Looks pretty fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top