Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2020 1:24:34 AM EDT
I know this is the FFL forum, but the posters here are a knowledgeable bunch, and the C&R forum is geared towards the actual firearms and not the license.

I’m considering selling some handguns and rifles that are Curio & Relic eligible, such as a TT 33 handgun. Garand etc.

As an individual I should be able to ship them directly to a C&R holder - USPS/fedex/ups for rifles, and fedex/ups overnight air for handguns.

However it seems some states, such as California, require C&R handguns firearms go to an 01 FFL.

is there some place to find what locations have similar restrictions?  My google skills are not producing much solid information
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A C&R licensee IS an FFL-03.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, let me clarify further. While someone in California May hold an 03 C&R FFL all Firearms Handguns must still go to an 01 FFL, the 03 can not receive the firearm handgun directly. The 03 does seem to exempt them from some requirements such as a 10 day waiting period.  This is a state law issue, not a restriction by ATF.

I’m trying to find similar restrictions for other states. It seems NEwJersey is the same, and all firearms must go to an 01 FFL

ETA - California requires handguns, but not rifles, go only to an 01 FFL  rather than directly to the 03 C&R
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The delivery of a firearm ONLY applies to C&R handguns, rifles can go to the 03 directly. I am a part time 01FFL.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The delivery of a firearm ONLY applies to C&R handguns, rifles can go to the 03 directly. I am a part time 01FFL.

View Quote

Thanks for the info, i will edit above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top