Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 7:19:48 PM EDT
Hey guys
So, I’m planning to purchase Hesco 3810 medium plate.

Shooter cut in the front and SAPI cut in the back

Which carrier should I get? For JPC 2.0 does it matter if I get the regular or swimmer one?

Any input will be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Whichever carrier you get just make sure it will hold the plates. Not all carriers will hold all plate shapes.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whichever carrier you get just make sure it will hold the plates. Not all carriers will hold all plate shapes.
View Quote

Understood, that’s why I wanna ask. I’m sure some members have experience on those
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have those plates in my LBT 6094. Both of the cuts you mentioned will fit in the carrier. FWIW, you could even go rectangular for the back since you mentioned wanting a fuller cut in the back.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there a reason you want to use two different plate shapes for the front and back?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there a reason you want to use two different plate shapes for the front and back?
View Quote

Better ergos. More range of movement and space to shoulder a buttstock in the front and more coverage in the back.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a JPC 2.0 Swimmers cut in XL holding Large 3810 shooters cut plates.  Its not a perfect fit but they don't flop around either.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Piggy back on top of this question (since the ESSTAC Daeodon was recommended)

Are ROC tubes as good as first spear tubes? As far as I can tell ROC is a Euro version of first spear's product? Appears to be milspec and I assume ESSTAC would not use them unless they are good. Still though, looking to see if anyone has any first hand experience or knowledge. Thx!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I’d like to think a carrier recommendation would need more info on what you want to do with it.
I wanted something minimal that I could conceivably conceal under a jacket.  
Tried a couple things, and the Slickster is the most comfortable solution that I found.  Slickster + 3rifle mag shingle, and I’m good.
Other people go much more overt.
Depends on what you want it to do…
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’d like to think a carrier recommendation would need more info on what you want to do with it.
I wanted something minimal that I could conceivably conceal under a jacket.  
Tried a couple things, and the Slickster is the most comfortable solution that I found.  Slickster + 3rifle mag shingle, and I’m good.
Other people go much more overt.
Depends on what you want it to do…
View Quote

You are right.

I’m trying to make the carrier as light as I can.
That’s why I’m looking at JPC 2.0 trying to be minimalistic
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are right.

I’m trying to make the carrier as light as I can.
That’s why I’m looking at JPC 2.0 trying to be minimalistic
View Quote

I'm in the same boat as far as plates front-swimmer/rear sapi. I'm looking at the Crye SPC and they have both swimmer and SAPI cuts. Curious which one I should go with as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top