Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/12/2019 11:24:09 AM EDT
I just picked up a new PTR 9ct, and I'm thinking about an optic.
What are you using, and what do you like/ hate about it?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
T1.  Would probably prefer an exps 3 though.

Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just picked up a new PTR 9ct, and I'm thinking about an optic.
What are you using, and what do you like/ hate about it?
Thanks.
View Quote
holosun 503 gu

Fast green circle dot of the eotechs in a aimpoint package.

Small size.
Battery last forever.

The reticle is super crisp.

Its about perfect for a sub gun
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Holosun, and it's been G2G.

OP, if you search around you'll find my thread from a few months back, posting the same question. Lots of helpful info in there. The real question is to what extent you value cowitness with iron sights (personally, I don't really care if they're obscured by the optic mount).
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Holosun HS510 for me. Love the look and feel, and it’s excellent quality!
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimpoint Nano.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Another Holosun user here.  I’ve only used it once, but it was great.  I went with the green.  No complaints.
BTW, I could not find the “shake awake” instructions in the online manual, but I did find a FAQ answer googling it. If you go this route, I’ll post it up.  It works great!

Oh, and if you start shopping for mags, the 2nd generation S. Korean’s are pretty good. But Grab A Gun has the best prices I’ve found on HK mags.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Aimpoint Micro.

Link Posted: 11/13/2019 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another Holosun user here.  I’ve only used it once, but it was great.  I went with the green.  No complaints.
BTW, I could not find the “shake awake” instructions in the online manual, but I did find a FAQ answer googling it. If you go this route, I’ll post it up.  It works great!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7632/lUpgn7.jpg

Oh, and if you start shopping for mags, the 2nd generation S. Korean’s are pretty good. But Grab A Gun has the best prices I’ve found on HK mags.
View Quote
As a side question... I see what looks like a gemtech trilug mount. What can is that? Nice high volume fatty.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Running an Aimpoint pro on a low mount

Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As a side question... I see what looks like a gemtech trilug mount. What can is that? Nice high volume fatty.
View Quote
The box is sitting above it.   GSL use to make the gemtech for them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
HAHAHAHA wow. Can't believe I missed that. It's in the bloody photo.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#12]
512 on my omega sd-k with form 1 can.  I have an XPS on my full size, and i like that a lot too.

" />
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
512 on my omega sd-k with form 1 can.  I have an XPS on my full size, and i like that a lot too.

http://i.imgur.com/oi2ixTK.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/oi2ixTK.jpg
View Quote
I am at a loss for words... Band clamps to add a VFG? Seriously?

Other than that... Nice firearm.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh shit!! I didn’t even notice that! LOL!!  
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Aimpoint T-1 on a B&T 10266 mount.

Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#16]
MRO, had a spare laying around

Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Burris Fastfire II
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I realize I never answered the OP's question.

I use a Doctor Optics / Noblex micro red dot on mine. German made optics on a clone of a german made gun.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#19]
OP

Love those toes in pic #2
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Vortex SPARC AR for me. Sits nice and high so can use with NV, plus it is one of the few budget optics with a NV mode
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks guys, as Black Friday approaches, I'm all ears, keep em coming.

Quoted:
OP

Love those toes in pic #2
View Quote
Op has not posted a picture in this thread.
Your foot fetish is noted, and misdirected.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/oi2ixTK.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/oi2ixTK.jpg

It's not stupid if it works
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's not stupid if it works
View Quote
I aint judging. I have done dumber shit before.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#24]
RMR on the K clone

Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#25]
How do you like this? I have been thinking of going with a RMR/SRO. How did you decide between the rear sight replacement route vs. running the RMR on a mount on a picatinny rail?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Vortex SPARC AR for me. Sits nice and high so can use with NV, plus it is one of the few budget optics with a NV mode
View Quote
Holosun and sig all have NV modes, pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#27]
B&t low aimpoint mount. With an aimpoint h2 in the factory low mount
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How do you like this? I have been thinking of going with a RMR/SRO. How did you decide between the rear sight replacement route vs. running the RMR on a mount on a picatinny rail?
View Quote
I like it very much - I considered using a B&T mount with the RMR, but found the sight picture too "busy". With the KES stock attached, the RMR dot is right at the top of the front sight post.

I use irons on my other two MP5 clones, at least for now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I do plan on adding a stock and picking up some NV once I make my move to an NFA friendly state. (Pretty soon) So that's a big point I hadn't even thought of...
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I like it very much - I considered using a B&T mount with the RMR, but found the sight picture too "busy". With the KES stock attached, the RMR dot is right at the top of the front sight post.

I use irons on my other two MP5 clones, at least for now.
View Quote
Did you go with the Farrowtech, M8Industries or the HK Parts RMR mount? Those are the three options I have been able to find. Can't decide which one to go with or if it matters.

Just need to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday and hopefully find a good deal on a SRO.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Holosun 503GU here. I hate to admit it, but these are growing on me in a big way.  Scalar works mount on the KAC rail,  you can use the irons through the mount.

Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m running an Aimpoint CompM5 on my MP5-N, and it’s mounted via a Bobro mount on my KAC RAS.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I put my aimpoint 2x on the PTR9K tonight. I liked it more than I thought I would. I know it sounds weird... but I want a sightless MP5 clone thats designed to run a dedicated optic now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I put my aimpoint 2x on the PTR9K tonight. I liked it more than I thought I would. I know it sounds weird... but I want a sightless MP5 clone thats designed to run a dedicated optic now.
View Quote
Without having a brace, I had no clue where the open sights window would be while checking the weapon. Today my brace arrived and found that they are a bit low for my liking. I had a Sight Mark laying around and put it on it and it still seems a bit low for my liking. I will try my Romeo5 from one of my AR’s next. If I find that more to my liking I think a Rome4 is in the future.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll have to get a pic of it but I put a c-more in it.  Tried 1 on a sbr'd ar15 a while back and loved it.  I just wish they were alittle more "over engineered " aka durable.   Specially for costing $300.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone tried one of these?
https://www.truglo.com/optics-red-dots/tru-tec-micro-sub-compact-open-red-dot-sight.asp

My LGS has them for $129. I don’t know much about the truglo stuff but their little 22mm Aimpoint copies look just like the holosuns, PA etc.

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#37]
micro in a scalarworks mount on a b&t mount. what i like is the SW mount has an opening so i can still use the irons. what i dont like? the fact that the b&t would fit so many other mounts if the cutout was just a cm longer. i had to dremel to fit and put the Sw mount backwards. an mfi low pro rail would have worked better but i got the b&t for cheap.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Holosun on Battle steel mount..absolute co witness.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I run a Holosun 507C on my PTR 9ct SBR, I did add a spacer under the sight ( ~ .25 inch, don't remember exactly ) since I have a A3 stock.
I really like the setup, so has everyone else that I let shoot it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Curious what makes you go in that direction. I've had an XPS3 on my 91, and I thought about running that on my K clone, but I think I'm going to end up with a Micro on mine when I get it back from PTR and have it SBRd.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Curious what makes you go in that direction. I've had an XPS3 on my 91, and I thought about running that on my K clone, but I think I'm going to end up with a Micro on mine when I get it back from PTR and have it SBRd.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Easier to use with night vision IMO
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Easier to use with night vision IMO
View Quote
Thanks, makes sense. I just got my 9KT back yesterday so I'll be trying both along with probably an RMR to see what I like.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
micro in a scalarworks mount on a b&t mount. what i like is the SW mount has an opening so i can still use the irons. what i dont like? the fact that the b&t would fit so many other mounts if the cutout was just a cm longer. i had to dremel to fit and put the Sw mount backwards. an mfi low pro rail would have worked better but i got the b&t for cheap.
https://i.ibb.co/kgYhhCq/mp5-a3.jpg
View Quote
Had the guys at TPM weld a rail onto to mine and re cerakote it for like $100. Best upgrade I made with my MP5.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/kgYhhCq/mp5-a3.jpg
View Quote
Was going to go this same route.  Have the B&T low mount and an H1.  Want the Scalarworks Leap (I assume absolute mount), but am worried about what you had to dremel and flip for?  Can you elaborate or post some close up pics of what you had to do?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Full size aimpoint.  Lower 1/4 cowitness

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Holosun 510C-GR

The green is blazing bright, and fit perfectly on my PTR 9kt SBR.  I spent the coin on HK mags, and they work as they should.

I have blown through about 6k rounds so far, optic held zero, and I didnt have to remove the rear drum.

I'll add pics in a bit, even I get home
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m interested in throwing a RMR on my sp5 but worried it might be too busy - does anyone have a pic of the sight picture?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I’m interested in throwing a RMR on my sp5 but worried it might be too busy - does anyone have a pic of the sight picture?
View Quote
In my opinion, the best way to mount on RMR on a mp5 is to remove the rear sight and use an adaptor that mounts the RMR directly. Then your sight picture won't be too busy and the dot will sit right above the front sight post.

I was going to mount an SRO in this manner, but funds were allocated elsewhere for the time being. It's still the plan, but I might go with something else besides the SRO

The adaptor options are m8 industries (the original designer) and farrow tech (a durable polymer material)
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I was gonna just run irons, as most low mounts are too busy for me. Tried my MRO in Scalarworks mount,... and it feels pretty damn good, and as others have said with SW mounts, you can see the irons through  their mounts. I think I gonna leave it on for a lil while.

Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#50]
MRO in a low mount

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top