Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2023 9:32:11 PM EDT
I’m looking to add an MPX to the rotation. There seems to be a few variants Copperhead, Copperhead K, MOX K. I could be wrong. I’m wanting something small, light, that I can add an extended hand guard to and run suppressed. Also would like to be able to add a brace. Any particular variation I should look for or steer clear of? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
copperhead is monolithic short rail and no threaded barrel, copperhead K has the same rail but adds a threaded barrel. the MPX K has a replaceable rail and threaded Barrel, I currently have an 8" handguard and can on mine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats the info I was looking for. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GraniteStateMike:
copperhead is monolithic short rail and no threaded barrel, copperhead K has the same rail but adds a threaded barrel. the MPX K has a replaceable rail and threaded Barrel, I currently have an 8" handguard and can on mine.
View Quote

MPX K is 22.5" ~14" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 4.5" barrel with a removable muzzle device (13.5x1 LH) ** measurements from safe

Copperhead K is 22.3" ~13.75" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 4.5" barrel with a removable muzzle device (13.5x1LH) **measurements from safe

Copperhead is 11.8" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 3.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device

Copperhead K also added three MLOK slots (3,6,9 o'clock) on the monolithic upper for attachments.

One of the other major differences I've noted handling all three of these over time are the rail grooves in the receivers of the Copperheads are smaller than that of the MPX K... If you want to add a collapsing stock and end up going the route of the Copperheads, the SIG collapsing/telescoping stock is not compatible because the bars are too thick to fit into the Copperheads. There once was a specific stock made for the copperheads that is now discontinued and incredibly difficult to find.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By doolz:

MPX K is 22.5" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 4.5" barrel with a removable muzzle device (13.5x1 LH)

Copperhead K is 22.3" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 4.5" barrel with a removable muzzle device (13.5x1LH)

Copperhead is 11.8" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 3.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device

Copperhead K also added three MLOK slots (3,6,9 o'clock) on the monolithic upper for attachments.

One of the other major differences I've noted handling all three of these over time are the rail grooves in the receivers of the Copperheads are smaller than that of the MPX K... If you want to add a collapsing stock and end up going the route of the Copperheads, the SIG collapsing/telescoping stock is not compatible because the bars are too thick to fit into the Copperheads. There once was a specific stock made for the copperheads that is now discontinued and incredibly difficult to find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GraniteStateMike:

MPX K is 22.5" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 4.5" barrel with a removable muzzle device (13.5x1 LH)

Copperhead K is 22.3" overall in length without any brace or stock with a 4.5" barrel with a removable muzzle device (13.5x1LH)

There's no way in hell the MPX K is 22.5" in length, with no stock or brace. SIGs posted numbers on their web page will include the brace.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

There's no way in hell the MPX K is 22.5" in length, with no stock or brace. SIGs posted numbers on their web page will include the brace.
View Quote

I mistyped. Thanks for the catch.

I edited the post with measurements from what I have in the safe.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Gotta love how small the MPX series can be.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#8]

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Gotta love how small the MPX series can be.
View Quote

So I dug a bit further.... I have a Griffin adapter on my MPX which is just about the same size as the factory birdcage (basically within .10")

Length without a stock/brace on the MPX K is nearly 14" on the dot (pictured below)

MPX Copperhead K is ~13.75" factory

Tip of muzzle device to 1913 pic rail on rear of MPX K:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top