Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 4:04:19 PM EDT
I was fortunate enough to win a cert for 50% off a Dead Air can at the Guardian LR match (thanks DA!). My current situation is that I have a .30 Rex MG7 and a .22 can in jail (Tacsol Aeris). My Rex is using Griffin Plan A mounts, and I shoot 5.56s, 7.62x39, .300blk .308, and 6.5 (these last two both bolt guns). I may get a PCC in the future but have no definite plans to…we’ll have to see how ammo prices go. I have 9mm pistols but I’m not too worried about suppressing them.

I’m considering the Wolfman, but not sure if it would be worth it before having a PCC, especially if I never get one. I was considering the R9 for the PCC if I got one, and could always still go that route. The new S5 looks tempting but obviously would only work on my 5.56s ARs. A dedicated LR can like the Nomad is also a possibility, although I’ve been very pleased with the accuracy I get with the MG7 and have no real need to address it. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nomad Ti.

ETA: I love my MG7 too, but it doesn’t compare to my Omega30.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolfman is one of the best PCC cans on the market, but it is also remarkably versatile. It performs well on 300 blk and even 556.

I think if I was just going to get one can, and it had to be Dead Air, and I didn’t have a specific host in mind, that’s what I’d get.

And I have two.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm considering the Wolfman, but not sure if it would be worth it before having a PCC, especially if I never get one.
View Quote
Quoted:
Wolfman is one of the best PCC cans on the market, but it is also remarkably versatile. It performs well on 300 blk and even 556.
I think if I was just going to get one can, and it had to be Dead Air, and I didn't have a specific host in mind, that's what I'd get.
And I have two.
View Quote
One reason I really like my Wolfman is I can use it as a K-can on my 5.56 HD carbines.  I have a 5.56 flash hider endcap and a Xeno adapter (Griffin also makes a Plan A for it) on it.   It's about the same size and weight as a Turbo K. You can also use it with 7.62x39 (with a .308 or 9mm endcap).

For the bolt guns, I'd go for Nomad Ti.  Or for something that would work for every rifle you list, Nomad 30.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Can the Wolfman be run in the short config on 5.56?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can the Wolfman be run in the short config on 5.56?
View Quote
Yeah, for sure. For short or long config, it's just recommended that you use a brake and keep your firing schedule reasonable. Mageever says 2 mag dumps max before cooldown.

I wouldn't buy one instead of a Turbo K, but I like it as an augment to my Turbo K.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
wolfman to force you to get a PCC or one of the titanium nomad's for your LR setups.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the Nomad 30 for a dedicated rifle suppressor since I already have an R9. I liked all of the features it offered (lower weight than Sandman, modularity, size, performance). The Ti version was tempting but I liked the middle ground for durability/weight of the 30 and not having to worry about excessive wear.

I don't know a lot about the Wolfman since I am not in the market for another PCC suppressor, but the Sierra 5 is probably an excellent choice for a dedicated 5.56 suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I’m between the Wolfman and the S5…decisions decisions
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Wolfman will give you a ton of versatility.  The Sierra is a 5.56, 5.7 only can.  If you really don't care about having the capability to suppress 300blk, 7.62x 39 and 9mm in addition to 5.56 then the Sierra is the clear winner there.  If you want the versatility go with the Wolfman or any of the other similar feature set cans, N20, Omega 36M etc....

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Wolfman will give you a ton of versatility.  The Sierra is a 5.56, 5.7 only can.  If you really don't care about having the capability to suppress 300blk, 7.62x 39 and 9mm in addition to 5.56 then the Sierra is the clear winner there.  If you want the versatility go with the Wolfman or any of the other similar feature set cans, N20, Omega 36M etc....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top