Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2021 7:14:22 PM EDT
I’ve got a registered AK. Fire control is worn out. I checked my usuals, apex and rtg. Apex has used Romanian FCGs. I’d like a new FCG that doesn’t cost $100.00. Imported parts usually go for 50ish but I’m not seeing that. Any recommendations where to shop?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure where you will find a new set.

Any big reason not to just get a couple of good used ones?

I dont know of anyone in the US making new FA parts
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought some for my Valmet M78 from Robertrtg.com
I don't see a complete set currently however I see this other guy advertise all kinds of stuff on Sturm.
He has this ad running for some time now.
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17265-ak-fire-control-%C2%A0parts-50-delivered-to-free-states7-piece-set/#comment-73249

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all for the links. I actually found a almost new Belgian FCG from a build I did years ago.
I am still going to pick up a couple extras just to have. I know there’s nothing wrong with the used ones but new would just last longer.
Thanks all!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought some for my Valmet M78 from Robertrtg.com
I don't see a complete set currently however I see this other guy advertise all kinds of stuff on Sturm.
He has this ad running for some time now.
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17265-ak-fire-control-%C2%A0parts-50-delivered-to-free-states7-piece-set/#comment-73249

View Quote

I just ordered from Lee Machine and Tool. Nice guy. Those parts sound close to new.
Thank you for the link!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Put up a WTB ad.  There's thousands of dudes with kits that came with FA fire controls but they built them out as semiautos.  The FA parts are junked or roll around in the scrap bin.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just ordered from Lee Machine and Tool. Nice guy. Those parts sound close to new.
Thank you for the link!
View Quote

Did you ever get your barrel fixed/replaced in your M78?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you ever get your barrel fixed/replaced in your M78?
View Quote

I did. It ran good for a few days. Now my auto sear is worn. The replacement I dropped in didn't work. I got it back at my gunsmiths place once again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top