Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2024 5:36:36 PM EDT
I have an HTA G22 that has aluminum K baffles.  Kind of loud too.  I was think of seeing, if possible, about cup style Ti baffles.  The tube is aluminum.  If not Ti, stainless, I use it on a pistol.

Any idea on what kind of pricing I am looking at?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Britbike2001:
EasyECCO Machine
View Quote

yup
/thread
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#3]
Originally Posted By Britbike2001:
EasyECCO Machine
View Quote

+1

I sent all my crappy HTA cans which included a guardian 22 to ECCO. Nick worked his magic on them. Pm me for more details and/or questions and l will be glad to help you.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sent a query off to ECCO, sent a pic, apparently messed up and sent them a pic of my grandbabies.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Curtis Tactical did several HTA cans for me
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a hta 556 kestrel and 22 kestrel. My 22 is stainless steel baffles but aluminum tubing. I'm thinking it isn't bad but I'm getting an oculus to compare. Let me know what he could actually do as I'm not sure if there's much really to do other than change baffles. Now I'm going to send my 556 kestrel to get recored.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:35:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronnoc] [#7]
Originally Posted By Gordianus:
Curtis Tactical did several HTA cans for me
View Quote

I will check with them too and see.  How did you have them recored? Cost?

Kind of wondering, wanting to see at what point if it's worth it or the cost of a new one.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
ECCO did one for me and I would highly recommend them.  

I've also had BSD Fabrication do a few custom mounts for me and wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot at a recore either.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:

I will check with them too and see.  How did you have them recored? Cost?

Kind of wondering, wanting to see at what point if it's worth it or the cost of a new one.
View Quote

They were recored with stainless baffles; I do not remember the cost, it was several years ago, but I have been very happy with the results.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:37:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronnoc] [#10]
I heard back from ECCO for my HTA G22.

It's $285 for stainless indexed baffles, $455 for titanium baffles.  Moly resin refinishing is $25.

Kind of conflicted, was looking at a Sparrow for $300 plus the stamp, but maybe do this and SBR another lower with the stamp money saved.  Or towards a Turbo K-RB to replace a Specwar 556.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#11]

It's $285 for stainless indexed baffles, $455 for titanium baffles.  Moly resin refinishing is $25.

Kind of conflicted, was looking at a Sparrow for $300 plus the stamp, but maybe do this and SBR another lower with the stamp money saved.  Or towards a Turbo K-RB to replace a Specwar 556.
View Quote

Understandable. Looks like his prices went up some, but not too much. One thing to keep in mind, is for $285 you can refresh that can as opposed to $300 + another $200 for the stamp for the sparrow. Save yourself the moly refinish for $25 and just leave your tube and end caps as is, that is unless they are really worn to hell and you want it to look new again, but its a rimfire can, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Interesting on the titanium baffles. I don't think that was an option when I had mine done. Cool option-but not $455 cool option.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#13]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

It's a $10 increase from 2022.   The Guardian came in a couple flavors over the years, this is the larger one.

Ti baffles are always going to be about a 60% increase over stainless, just the nature of 3.5x material cost and nearly double the machining time & tool wear.  They also don't save much weight with rimfire cans, so not worth it IMO.
View Quote

Didn't mean to offend Nick! Just said to OP that it was a very small increase, but not much. Still very worth doing in my opinion and I've been very happy with mine since you re-cored it. Thanks for explanation on the Ti. I agree that the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I'd do the re-core w/stainless baffles skipping the tax stamp and SBR a rifle over a Sparrow if it were my money.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:

Understandable. Looks like his prices went up some, but not too much. One thing to keep in mind, is for $285 you can refresh that can as opposed to $300 + another $200 for the stamp for the sparrow. Save yourself the moly refinish for $25 and just leave your tube and end caps as is, that is unless they are really worn to hell and you want it to look new again, but its a rimfire can, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Interesting on the titanium baffles. I don't think that was an option when I had mine done. Cool option-but not $455 cool option.
View Quote

I agree, been communicating with him and am going to have it done, I  am going to have the molyresin done too.  Looking forward to it.  

Appreciate the recommendation and that ECCO is a part of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]

I agree, been communicating with him and am going to have it done, I  am going to have the molyresin done too.  Looking forward to it.  

Appreciate the recommendation and that ECCO is a part of Arfcom.
View Quote

Excellent choice.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
How have you all sent suppressors off?  Best way to deal with FedEx or UPS for shipping them?

If doing a recore, you can't keep your old baffles, correct?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I've considered getting an old Gemtech SOS 45 recored. I paid next to nothing for it and it might do better with a little magic performed on it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#20]
How have you all sent suppressors off?  Best way to deal with FedEx or UPS for shipping them?

If doing a recore, you can't keep your old baffles, correct?

Thanks!
View Quote

I sent them all UPS. If you don't already use www.pirateship.com, use it to create your shipping label. Be sure to well pack, tape/sure everything and insure it (write on the box  the TO: and FROM: address information in addition to adhering the shipping label).

You will get a much better price than going to UPS hub or doing it through USP online.

To avoid all the BS with going to UPS store (which you may or may not run into problems) or finding a UPS hub (again people have run into issues dropping off firearms and other firearm related stuff), have UPS come to you to pick it directly. This is what I did.

In pirateship.com you can setup a UPS pickup right from your home at a date and timeframe that is convenient for you. (you have to pick a window sort of like comcast when they come to fix your cable ).

For me it was an additional $4 through pirateship. It may be more or less for you.

Lastly-no you can't keep any parts of your suppressor. You must send the entire unit into Nick. He will destroy your baffles, and reuse your original parts (your serialized tube and endcaps) and install his new SS indexed baffles into your existing suppressor along with a small ring that acts as a small blast baffle in the back end.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks, Mav3rick, for the reply.  

Well, I decided to check in my little, rural town about UPS shippers and the local hardware store had  o restrictions when I said what I was shipping and didn't care and neither did the Army surplus/gun store.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks, Mav3rick, for the reply.  

Well, I decided to check in my little, rural town about UPS shippers and the local hardware store had  o restrictions when I said what I was shipping and didn't care and neither did the Army surplus/gun store.

View Quote

Top Top