Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2020 10:20:29 AM EDT
If one were to SBR a 10/22 then insert into a kit like this where would one want the engraving to appear?
Based on the regulations, the engraving can not be covered up.
Would you engrave on the 10/22 in an area where you could cut a hole on the kit to make it visible?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If one were to SBR a 10/22 then insert into a kit like this where would one want the engraving to appear?
Based on the regulations, the engraving can not be covered up.
Would you engrave on the 10/22 in an area where you could cut a hole on the kit to make it visible?
View Quote

Regulations do not say it cannot be covered up. Every one of my HK guns has SN covered up by a rail.

My glcok pistols have SN covered up by a light.

etc.

Just put it where it is visible when installed into the ruger stock it came with.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is right on the top of the receiver. It is covered by the HTA stock but NOT the factory stock
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I am putting one together but using the ZK-22 stock, it has a small opening on the side that exposes the serial number. I increased the size of the opening very slightly with a dremel and had Tar Heel engrave my trust info one line above and one line below the serial number. It came out perfect, Does the HTA stock have such an opening for the original serial number?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am putting one together but using the ZK-22 stock, it has a small opening on the side that exposes the serial number. I increased the size of the opening very slightly with a dremel and had Tar Heel engrave my trust info one line above and one line below the serial number. It came out perfect, Does the HTA stock have such an opening for the original serial number?
View Quote

No but was willing to carve one out if need be.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Personally I would make an opening so it is visible but odds are no one but you is ever even going to notice the engraving is covered.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
You can also engrave your information on the barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top