Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2017 1:48:40 AM EDT
Who does nice engraving work in East or Middle TN?

I need to get a MP5 engraved in the folding stock channel to divorce a sear (Form 1 all done), but don't want to send it off out of state if I can avoid it. I know a couple SOTs who do fine engraving ARs and AKs, but leave their laser engravers set up for those platforms and don't have MP5 jigs etc.

Any leads appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Who does nice engraving work in East or Middle TN?

I need to get a MP5 engraved in the folding stock channel to divorce a sear (Form 1 all done), but don't want to send it off out of state if I can avoid it. I know a couple SOTs who do fine engraving ARs and AKs, but leave their laser engravers set up for those platforms and don't have MP5 jigs etc.

Any leads appreciated.
View Quote

THSF in NC is a good place to start. While not in Tennessee, it’s not too far over the state line. They did a good job with my ar.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

THSF in NC is a good place to start. While not in Tennessee, it’s not too far over the state line. They did a good job with my ar.
View Quote
And they have engraved MP5s in the collapsible stock channel before and do an outstanding job.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll 2nd THSF as I live in East Tennessee and made a Saturday trip over to take my guns (all before the form 1 cleared) and had them engraved.  Couldn't ask for better service and I'm taking another trip to THSF soon to have more engraved.  You can also mail them but I'm less than 3 hours away so not a bad day trip for me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, y'all. I was trying to avoid daytripping 4 hr each way and filing a ATF form 20, just to take them for engraving...but it looks like that may be the route to take. Too much gun (x3) to turn over to just anyone with an electro-pencil who did his league's bowling trophies...
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Fighting Sheepdog in Clinton

I believe they engrave
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Law enforcement sales of Tn.  Located in Oak Ridge

http://www.lawenforcementsalestn.com/
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I live on border of TN myself and am wondering what THSF as I live on the NC side, and will be at that step in the near future!
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check out Law enforcement sales of Tn.  Located in Oak Ridge

http://www.lawenforcementsalestn.com/
View Quote
He does good work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Tar Heel State Firearms in Matthews, NC. Suburb of Charlotte.
View Quote
+1 for Tar Heel State Firearms. They did an excellent job on my sbr engraving for a great price.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Tarheel here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top