Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2021 7:37:41 AM EDT
I have a registered norrell 10/22 pack and I want to buy a spare 10/22 bolt. I called John and he is sold out and not making any more. Thanks really appreciate any advice
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You might post a WTB add on gun boards and on sturm.  Good luck , I know what it’s like to need an obscure MG part.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have made them myself and there is nothing super complicated about it.  Its just time consuming given the amount of material that needs to be removed from the OEM bolt.

I would think that any decent gunsmith if you give him your current Norrell bolt should be able to mill the slot in a factory bolt, make the anti-bounce weight cube, and then drill the two holes and TIG weld in the rods the anti-bouce weight slides on.

I am not sure where you are in Texas but Robert "Bobby" Bueltel who works out of Guns Warehouse in Cedar Park should be able to clone your existing bolt for you if you bring him the current bolt and an OEM bolt to make it out of.

I would give Guns Warehouse a call to check to see what the gunsmith hours are and if you an meet Bobby when he is there picking up or dropping off work.   If you are not local you could maybe email them some pictures and/or ship the bolt(s) to guns warehouse for Bobby to evaluate making one for you and the cost.

https://mygunswarehouse.com/

601 E Whitestone Blvd #712, Cedar Park, TX 78613
(512) 986-7330

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, will try that
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I called them and they can’t do it. Any other suggestion really appreciate it
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe John Andrewski in NH (seems like they work on a lot of Class 3 stuff and should have knowledge of the Norrell pattern 10/22)

http://johnandrewski.com/

or Curtis Higgins at S&H Arms in OK.  (Curtis made a lot of the Norrell conversion sears)

https://sandharms.com/

Buhler Ballistics in LA

https://www.facebook.com/BuhlerBallistics/

https://www.bbb.org/us/la/baton-rouge/profile/ballistics-expert/buhler-ballistics-llc-0835-90030552

If they can't help maybe they know somebody who can.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you again
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are in the Houston area, Brad over at Pasadena Gun Center might be able to do the work.

Joat
@BradN
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are in the Houston area, Brad over at Pasadena Gun Center might be able to do the work.

Joat
@BradN
View Quote

I was gonna to say the same thing. Brad is a really good machinist and can likely clone the bolt for you. Super nice guy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you. John said he could do it and will call brad. Are there any drawings on line for him or does he just copy my bolt. My does not run 100% worried bolt out of specs, want get him to make five so never have to worry about a broken bolt. A have four machine guns this my favorite. Really appreciate the help
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Or is there a better design.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Speaking of Norrell 10/22's, mine finally came back approved. It started out as the integrally suppressed gun on the top (3-stamp gun) S&H sear, receiver & suppressor.
I had a spare barrel laying around and got one of those Sampson stocks and had a local smith cut it down and put on the front sight. Pretty much going after the AC556 A-Team look.
I just need a sight blank to fill in where the rear was and I should be set. The barrel was free so can't complain too much, I just wanted to have a non-suppressed option for random blasting so I don't have to rebuild the can as often.
I called John when I first bought it last fall and got the same story from him. Supposedly my dealer has a spare bolt but of course has not been able to find it. He told me he had one when we were negotiating the purchase. Hopefully it will turn up.
If not, I am certainly interested in getting another bolt from somewhere else.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
IM sent to OP.

I'm interested in getting another Norrell 10/22 bolt or two.  Maybe if several of us want them, it will entice one of the good gunsmiths out there to build them for us.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Id be interested in an extra or two
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd also be interested in a spare bolt as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#15]
How many 10\22's did Norrell convert?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I, too, would be interested in a spare bolt for mine
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I’d be in for one.  The bolt doesn’t seem prone to failure but if a run gets made a spare would be good.

A bolt that could accept adjustable Bore Buddy style weight would be cool.

If someone wants to follow up on this, the guy to speak with would be Randy at CPC.  

http://ct-precision.com/1022rework.html

Years ago I had him do his bolt rework on my Norrell bolt.  He sent me a new Norrell bolt that he made for testing.  It wasn’t 100% there but he was working it.  I don’t know the current status.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top