Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2020 6:42:08 PM EDT
I’ve searched high and low, but I can’t seem to find a SCAR 20 stock for sale, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you wanting the rifle or the stock off the 20S?

Only way you will find a stock off a 20S is second market...and I think the last one went for something like $1000-1100...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you wanting the rifle or the stock off the 20S?

Only way you will find a stock off a 20S is second market...and I think the last one went for something like $1000-1100...
View Quote

Looking for the stock, not the rifle.

I had a feeling that FN wasn’t offering them as a part that could be purchased.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Looking for the stock, not the rifle.

I had a feeling that FN wasn’t offering them as a part that could be purchased.
View Quote

Yeah not sure we will see any spare SCAR 20 barrels and stocks anytime soon...they are making them as fast as possible in .308 and 6.5CR while fulfilling military contracts on the SCAR H PR and TPR platform...
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you looked at the KRG stock for the SCAR platform, and it also folds and is just as adjustable as Scar 20s stock
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you looked at the KRG stock for the SCAR platform, and it also folds and is just as adjustable as Scar 20s stock
View Quote

I guess I'm not seeing what advantage the KDG stock offers over the 17, not to mention it uses an aluminum adaptor bracket. The plastic bracket of both the 17 and 20 stock is considered to be essential in acting as a buffer to the BCG.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Not KDG...KRG...

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/scar-long-range-stock/

If you change stock or just want extra insurance...get a Mototech Rubberize buffer pad...gives you an added buffer...
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not KDG...KRG...

If you change stock or just want extra insurance...get a Mototech Rubberize buffer pad...gives you an added buffer...
View Quote

Ah, interesting. Thanks for correcting me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not KDG...KRG...

View Quote

the mototech buffers aren't near as good as they are made out to be.  They don't do much at all.  Scar stock attachment is polymer for a reason.  Introducing metal stock plates is bounds for issues on the scar 17/20 platform.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

the mototech buffers aren't near as good as they are made out to be.  They don't do much at all.  Scar stock attachment is polymer for a reason.  Introducing metal stock plates is bounds for issues on the scar 17/20 platform.
View Quote

What is wrong with them? I’ve had one in every SCAR I’ve owned and it provides another layer of buffer to the platform.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is wrong with them? I’ve had one in every SCAR I’ve owned and it provides another layer of buffer to the platform.
View Quote

have seen too many of them delaminate.  stock buffer works fine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

have seen too many of them delaminate.  stock buffer works fine.
View Quote

Haven't happened to me...

I know talking to them early on they had some issues with that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Midwest Gun Works is supposed to start carrying 20S parts, but they have yet to appear on their site.  I suspect it will not be cheap if/when the 20S stock is available.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
last 20S stock I saw was going for over $900.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
last 20S stock I saw was going for over $900.
View Quote

That was mine...actually traded it for a new ACOG...they don't come around often and when they do...its usually $800+
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a real mil one incoming if you're still looking. Should have it next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top