Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2023 1:29:05 PM EDT
I need 100 Lee REAL 250 grain 50 cal bullets.

I do not want to cast my own at this time.

Are they sold anywhere by private parties or retail?
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you planning to use them in?  I recently picked up a handi rife in smith and wesson 500, because I had stash of cast and jacketed bullets left over from when I had several S&W 500 revolvers.  I have some 250 real cast bullets but they are made out of wheelweights with some lead in the mix. I have also sized them to .501 if I remember correctly.  If they will work for you send me a pm and we can work out the details.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you planning to use them in?  I recently picked up a handi rife in smith and wesson 500, because I had stash of cast and jacketed bullets left over from when I had several S&W 500 revolvers.  I have some 250 real cast bullets but they are made out of wheelweights with some lead in the mix. I have also sized them to .501 if I remember correctly.  If they will work for you send me a pm and we can work out the details.
View Quote

thanks but they have been sized so no.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay,

If you don't have any luck finding any elsewhere I could cast up some more and send them your way.  My cast mix right now is about 30% x-ray room lead and 70% wheel weights so they will work in the 500 without leading the barrel.

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the only places I've seen traditional bullets for sale is TotW and they unfortunately don't offer the Lee REAL in any weight/diameter.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/129/1

Would the Lyman 500-476 Minié style work?

Perhaps the Hornady PA Conical Bullet 240gr?
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
They would be used in a muzzle rifle with slow twist.

I am aware of the Hornady PA conical.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the maxis I get from Dixie Gun Works

They have a big selection of 50cal boolits
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top