Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 10:28:25 PM EDT
SGAmmo is out and just about every place I can think of is out of .30-06 for a Garand.  Well there are places for $28 A box for FMJ but no thanks on that price
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to be cute or Mr. Obvious or anything but helpful......

I find the WikiArms app to be very helpful for ammo. If you haven’t test drove it you may find it helpful.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you looking for exactly? 150gr FMJ what are you using to search with?

Edit: Try using ammoseek.com
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually hit surplusammo but they're out of everything but en blocs loaded with 8 rounds for $7.49 ea.

Here's the cheapest I can find currently: $0.70 per round
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine comes from my reloading bench! Anyone who wants to feed a garand affordable long term needs to be a reloader period. An m2ball equivalent load can be assembled for about 30 cents a round.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Hit Walmart and grab some 150gr Remington corelokts if you need some blasting/ hunting ammo
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usually hit surplusammo but they're out of everything but en blocs loaded with 8 rounds for $7.49 ea.

Here's the cheapest I can find currently: $0.70 per round
View Quote
Thanks I'll be buying some.  Gotta save the brass for when I buy a house and start reloading
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine comes from my reloading bench! Anyone who wants to feed a garand affordable long term needs to be a reloader period. An m2ball equivalent load can be assembled for about 30 cents a round.
View Quote
Agreed. I need to do this but it's not in the cards currently.

What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: midwayusa reloading kit but I'm more of a buy once, cry once kind of guy. I'd rather spend a little more to get something that will work for the long term.

It's no different than when I started fly fishing many years ago. I bought a middle of the road 5wt that was supposed to be the "one rod to last forever" but now I have 12 rods that do things much better than the one.

I'd prefer not too to buy a cheaper single stage only to determine that I should have saved up and bought a more expensive progressive press.

ETA: the original quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: midwayusa reloading kit but I'm more of a buy once, cry once kind of guy. I'd rather spend a little more to get something that will work for the long term.

It's no different than when I started fly fishing many years ago. I bought a middle of the road 5wt that was supposed to be the "one rod to last forever" but now I have 12 rods that do things much better than the one.

I'd prefer not too to buy a cheaper single stage only to determine that I should have saved up and bought a more expensive progressive press.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lee Turret press. Relatively inexpensive and, ah, progressive. You can thank me later.

Gets you into learning the art of reloading a bit faster than doing it all on a single stage press, like an RCBS Rock Chucker, ... although truthfully that's the s.s. press I started out on back when I was handloading for only one cartridge.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: [url=https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/937051/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-master-single-stage-press-kit?
View Quote
You will never, ever regret having the gear in that kit.

The above comes from another "buy once, cry once" guy who learned on and runs a Dillon progressive.  Even if you go progressive later on, that press will always serve a purpose on your bench.  I have a turret press mounted next to my progressive.

I reload 30-06 for under $0.50 per round.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Target Sports has the best prices I've found on M1 Garand spec. ammo.
targetsportsusa.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The above comes from another "buy once, cry once" guy who learned on and runs a Dillon progressive.  Even if you go progressive later on, that press will always serve a purpose on your bench.  I have a turret press mounted next to my progressive.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: [url=https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/937051/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-master-single-stage-press-kit?

Yep, well said. Even if you 'graduate' to a progressive or turret later, there's no downside to a Rock Chucker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SGAmmo is out and just about every place I can think of is out of .30-06 for a Garand.  Well there are places for $28 A box for FMJ but no thanks on that price
View Quote
Not cheap ($16.50/bx), ...  but they're showing it's available:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1777318110/sellier-and-bellot-ammunition-30-06-springfield-m1-garand-150-grain-full-metal-jacket

Consider it just more incentive to start reloading.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The 35 cents difference between $0.85/rd and my $0.50/rd may not sound like much but after just 1,000 rounds,...

it adds up to $350!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Getting into reloading ( simple easy to use single stage press is very effective-no need to go progressive off the bat and actually advise against it personally) is pretty cheap. I bought all my stuff as used gear at gun shows and used and probably have under $100 into my press powder measure and scale and the ancillaries.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Delete....
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I use AmmoSeek application for my Samsung phone.  It searches out the best current prices.  I think they have a website too but I use my phone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here you go.... M2 Ball 30-06 Springfield 150gr.... At the time of this post there were (10) 400rd Cases left at $259.80 + $16 Shipping each!

Also here....S&B M2 Ball 30-06 Springfield 150gr.... They showing over (99) 400rd Cases in stock for $279.80 Shipped! Or you can purchase it by the box for $13.99 each plus shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top