BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tripleoption:

From what I'm hearing their customer service has gotten a lot better over the years.  There seemed to be lots of horror stories when it first came out, which was one reason I didn't get one.  Of course, I was basing it on what I was seeing online, squeaky wheel gets the grease, all that.  I wasn't sure about support or service.  They actually have conversions and support the rifle.  It seems to have out ACR'd the ACR.  I'm definitely leaning more and more towards one.
View Quote

I will completely agree, their customer service was...tough to put it mildly. Everyone always references an old announcement that Alex sent out years ago that pissed a whole bunch of people off. And again because they are a small shop, things were slow, and support was hard for early adopters. Like the XCR, their whole business model has improved, as I said i have been treated with nothing but class in my dealings with them.

And yes, the ACR was DOA, the XCR has continued to mature and improve. I actually sold an ACR to buy my first XCR, it was a decision quickly rewarded..
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
I'd like an earlier model with the updated parts. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/En-Xcr_cqb.PNG/1200px-En-Xcr_cqb.PNG

It is the spiritual successor to the Daewoo K2.
View Quote

That's kind of what I'm thinking too.

I'm looking at a new production one myself
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Talking about the support...

I had my rifle cerakoted by an LGS.  They forgot to give me all the pieces back that they didn't know where to put them.

At the same time, I had ordered a barrel from Robinson.  My barrel came in and they called me.

I asked if I could save myself the shipping by coming by to pick it up and I had some questions about whether I had all the parts my rifle needed.  They made an appointment for me to stop in.  Alex checked my rifle out, commented about the nice cerakote job, made sure everything was where it belonged, found a couple of missing parts and offered to install my barrel.

He noted some of the cerakote material had gotten into the barrel channel, asked if I could leave the rifle for a day or so and he'd have one of the gunsmiths ream the channel out to make it fit better, and i said, sure.

Showed up a couple of days later, Alex came out, said it was a nice tight fit, had the barrel installed, rifle checked out.  I paid for the barrel, got a veteran discount, and was on my way.  They threw in the missing small parts.  That wasn't even their fault - it was the fault of the cerakoter and I offered to pay for them, but they made it good on their own dime.

The whole experience was great.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Can some of you guys with XCRs post a picture of it next to an AR with the same length barrel. I know the receivers are a bit longer but don’t know the actual difference.

I’ve always wanted to pick up a shorty XCR but never have.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
How about an MCX?

16' MCX, 16" XCR-L, 10.5" MCX, and an XCR-M

ETA - here you go, next to a 16" barreled LaRue.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Can some of you guys with XCRs post a picture of it next to an AR with the same length barrel. I know the receivers are a bit longer but don’t know the actual difference. 

I’ve always wanted to pick up a shorty XCR but never have.
View Quote

Before I sold my 10.5 AR, I checked the OAL to my 10" XCR, they were withing about an inch of each other. If you contact ROBARM, they will provide you OAL's both open and folded.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to get one of the older gen guns with the tubular folding stock - those remind me of the preban 80s imports like the FNC, Galil, FAL paras, etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been wanting an XCR for awhile now, just haven't been willing to put the money down on it yet.  Reading this thread has got me leaning towards it again.  I really just want one to add to the collection, but I read an interesting thread on the XCR forum about the XCR being a go to war gun.  That thread ran from 2011 to December 2018. I'd think a better way to ask that is would it make a good SHTF rifle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've been wanting an XCR for awhile now, just haven't been willing to put the money down on it yet.  Reading this thread has got me leaning towards it again.  I really just want one to add to the collection, but I read an interesting thread on the XCR forum about the XCR being a go to war gun.  That thread ran from 2011 to December 2018. I'd think a better way to ask that is would it make a good SHTF rifle?

Quoted:
I've been wanting an XCR for awhile now, just haven't been willing to put the money down on it yet.  Reading this thread has got me leaning towards it again.  I really just want one to add to the collection, but I read an interesting thread on the XCR forum about the XCR being a go to war gun.  That thread ran from 2011 to December 2018. I'd think a better way to ask that is would it make a good SHTF rifle?

AR's have been soldiering on for decades and the XCR is hellishly more stoutly-built than that, and with fewer parts to boot. My XCR with a 1-4x  and an InForce WML is my general-purpose go-to rifle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Apec:
I want to get one of the older gen guns with the tubular folding stock - those remind me of the preban 80s imports like the FNC, Galil, FAL paras, etc.
View Quote

Again, check out Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We've heard about how durable and reliable they are.. but how accurate are they? Is an XCR-M in 6.5CM going to be DMR-worthy?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Both my 6.5 gren and my 556 pistol are incredibly accurate. My 6.5 gren is a laser with hornady black, and my 10" pistol is a sub moa gun with 75 grain match. Both have lightweight barrels. I carry my grendel deer hunting.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#12]
My XCR-M is quite accurate.  I am just using a 3x ACOG and it does great with M80 and M118LR.  I suspect a Creedmoor would be better.

But I only shoot Creedmoor in bolt rifles because I hate brutalizing that expensive brass.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Both my 6.5 gren and my 556 pistol are incredibly accurate. My 6.5 gren is a laser with hornady black, and my 10" pistol is a sub moa gun with 75 grain match. Both have lightweight barrels. I carry my grendel deer hunting.

View Quote

So there's no need to go longer.. that's good to know. Is that the light or heavy profile?

I'm seriously considering cashing out on a few other rifles to consolidate to a 5.56 pistol with a .300BO barrel, and a .308 with a 6.5CM barrel.  Best of all worlds, if the hype is real.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]
For me the lightweights have been very accurate. And for me the hype has been real.

I too have a 9.5 300 BLK barrel for my pistol, of the 300's I have shot, it continues to be the most accurate.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Accuracy

10" 556 75 gr 50 yards on the left, 100yards on  the right

Attachment Attached File

6.5 Grendel first group....it's only got better as the barrel broke inAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quite nice.
I was a little hesitant to go with a light barrel when I ordered.
I went with the light barrel and now looking forward to see what it will do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the reports on current function and groups. Looks like this is what I should have bought years ago instead of my now sold 805 Bren that got damn hot at the handguard very fast and choked on steel case ammo.

I still have 556 aks and piles of mags that don't share..
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got one of the earlier ones.   I don't shoot it very much, probably because the trigger is so awful.   I should probably sell it and buy a newer model.
View Quote

@ken_mays Check with Robinson to see if you can just send in your lower and upgrade the trigger. Or maybe @XCRMonger would have an idea for you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@ken_mays Check with Robinson to see if you can just send in your lower and upgrade the trigger. Or maybe @XCRMonger would have an idea for you.
View Quote

Yup send ROBARM an email, they can fully upgrade your rifle to all of the newest parts other than Mlok or keymod for cheap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Am I late to the party???

You inspired me to take a new photo of mine. Of course, I’m not much of a photographer, but you get what you get.

I was admittedly apprehensive when I bought (has it already been a decade?), having heard the early CS stories. I bought with open eyes and so glad I did. What a fantastic rifle. I did 3 gun with it for years (until it got too busy and matches took 8 hours).

There’s been an update or two since mine, but I have the second gen gas and trigger. Controls are all right where they’re supposed to be. Got in on limited runs of aftermarket ACR stock adapter and folding charging handle.

I wanted caliber change and glad I didn’t go ACR, even though it definitely looks better than the XCR. But I’m a function over form guy.

I recently got an AR and a LPVO, which I think I’m gonna put on the XCR and move the EOTech over to the AR. Still waiting for MI weather to be reasonable to have a range day and try both ways.

Can’t say enough good about it. Only drawback is trying to find the brass it flings 20 feet away.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Am I late to the party???

You inspired me to take a new photo of mine. Of course, I’m not much of a photographer, but you get what you get.

https://i.postimg.cc/vTqvjmZq/0-C41-C202-0-A76-4-DDA-8-FC7-A176-FC7-D4-C65.jpg

I was admittedly apprehensive when I bought (has it already been a decade?), having heard the early CS stories. I bought with open eyes and so glad I did. What a fantastic rifle. I did 3 gun with it for years (until it got too busy and matches took 8 hours).

There’s been an update or two since mine, but I have the second gen gas and trigger. Controls are all right where they’re supposed to be. Got in on limited runs of aftermarket ACR stock adapter and folding charging handle.

I wanted caliber change and glad I didn’t go ACR, even though it definitely looks better than the XCR. But I’m a function over form guy.

I recently got an AR and a LPVO, which I think I’m gonna put on the XCR and move the EOTech over to the AR. Still waiting for MI weather to be reasonable to have a range day and try both ways.

Can’t say enough good about it. Only drawback is trying to find the brass it flings 20 feet away.
View Quote

I want that folding charging handle.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, one of the few things that I wish another run could be made.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#23]
There is exactly 1 (one) older XCR listed on Gunbroker right now.

I have an older model with the tubular stock and am considering an older style SBR model if I could locate it.

Apparently I won't find one on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy who makes them (mountainman) still posts actively on FALfiles and is in the process of making FAL para nose cutter jigs. Is he not taking any requests for these?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The guy who makes them (mountainman) still posts actively on FALfiles and is in the process of making FAL para nose cutter jigs. Is he not taking any requests for these?
View Quote

I don't think so, I believe it was a parts issue.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is exactly 1 (one) older XCR listed on Gunbroker right now.

I have an older model with the tubular stock and am considering an older style SBR model if I could locate it.

Apparently I won't find one on Gunbroker.
View Quote

I see three with the old tube style stock, and one older style 6.8 pistol.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Robinson%20armament&Sort=13
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Love mine
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I’ve owned a few xcr’s over the years, never had any issues outside of a bent hammer retaining clip. My current xcr is the gen2, sbr with 5.56 & 7.62x39. It’s a little heavy with the quad rail, but I’m not sure how much weight reduction there is with the keymod or mlok uppers they offer now.

Here it is with my sbr acr, both have been great so far

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Cerakoted my 300 blk pistol.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Beautiful!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:41:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Nice cammo blanket but the pics of your XCR aren't loading.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#32]
do the short barrel pistols have adjustable gas blocks for suppressor use?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

They all do.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I’ve owned a few xcr’s over the years, never had any issues outside of a bent hammer retaining clip. My current xcr is the gen2, sbr with 5.56 & 7.62x39. It’s a little heavy with the quad rail, but I’m not sure how much weight reduction there is with the keymod or mlok uppers they offer now.

Here it is with my sbr acr, both have been great so far

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/8CD85EB3-9833-4509-B0E2-C4A468F74B85_jpe-1430646.JPG
View Quote

Love it.
I was told 6-8 weeks a week ago
So 5-7 to go
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#36]

That is really a good looking cerakote job....
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

All XCRs are adjustable gas
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#38]
ANYONE COMPARE IT TO CZ BREN 2 YET?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is really a good looking cerakote job....
View Quote

Many thanks. Bid be lying if I said I’m not proud of how it turned out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

All XCRs are adjustable gas
View Quote

Compared my 10" pistol to my buddies Bren 2 14". Weight was similar, as we have bout set ours up with LPVO's.

Both agreed my XCR has less recoil. The Bren is a little more "clunky" due to the use of polymer, but the Bren is a very nice gun.

My XCR seemed to be more accurate.

Hard to compare the two, as the XCR has multiple different set ups, with true caliber diversity, where the Bren, you got what you get.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I hit the range yesterday. Switching optics around and wanted to do some accuracy tests, but one of the kids tagged along and it was 90+ degrees so we didn’t stay as long as I would’ve otherwise.

I will say that .223/5.56 is pretty negligible recoil, but it’s even less with the XCR than the AR.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We've heard about how durable and reliable they are.. but how accurate are they? Is an XCR-M in 6.5CM going to be DMR-worthy?
View Quote

No experience with the -M, but my -L gets .6" with Prvi 75 gr. BTHP. The only reason that it's not my DMR anymore is that of weight distribution: one of my AR's shoots just as well, but is lighter with a 3-15x scope and Magpul bipod.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hnnngggh!

Seriously-cool finish job.
View Quote

Thank you.  It’s a Doublestar stronghold grip.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry.  Last picture post, I promise.  My two hunting pistols.  Grendel and blackout. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Those look fantastic!

I'm at 4 weeks of 8 weeks for my 6.8 barrel.  I'm really looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]

So very well done
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top