Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2021 2:07:55 AM EDT
I would really like to get an FN57. However, the pistols ergo’s are trash and I want to be able to mount an optic.

Hopefully FN can update this gun with some better ergos and put an optic cut on it!

Any insiders heard rumors or mumblings of an updated variant?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Doubtful, Ruger already ate their lunch on that one.

Also, the 5-7 ergos are mostly trash because they're trying to cram a magazine for 28mm long cartridge into the grip. There's not much they can update about that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
At the same time they update the SCAR, so never?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Never.  

It was only created to tie into the P90 and nobody bought them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never.  

It was only created to tie into the P90 and nobody bought them.
View Quote
LOL plenty of people buy both of it considering it's own caliber.

The Five-seveN has been through 5 revisions. The MK2 is the current. The safety selectors have been the same since the second gen, and the mag release was changed with the USG.  

While I feed the bore axis is a little higher than the Ruger 57, I prefer the controls on the FSN lightyears over the R57. I don't like thumb safeties, and the FSN's safety is where my trigger finger goes anyways. I can easily use the mag release as well.

FN Specialties showed it was possible to mount an RDS up top. But that kit is not for everyone since he re-designed the slide cover.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems unlikely.  They can't be selling that many of them now and I don't think an optic cut is going to have people rushing out to buy one.  

FN $1300
Ruger $650

That's a hard sell regardless of features.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems unlikely.  They can't be selling that many of them now and I don't think an optic cut is going to have people rushing out to buy one.  

FN $1300
Ruger $650

View Quote
That's the MSRP of the FSN. Most can get it in the 999-1100 range. And they seem to sell every single one they have..
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can mount optics to a Ruger 57.
View Quote
it also has a shitty mag release, and poor corrosion resistance on the slide :D
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's the MSRP of the FSN. Most can get it in the 999-1100 range. And they seem to sell every single one they have..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FN $1300
Ruger $650

No matter how you slice it, it’s still about $400 more than the Ruger, and that will be a deal breaker for many people.

I have both pistols, and personally prefer my FN over my Ruger.  I don’t think the ergos on the Ruger are noticeably better than on FN.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can mount optics to a Ruger 57.
View Quote

Yeah, but they don’t make plates for the more popular pistol RDS like the RMR, so you can mount some optics.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No matter how you slice it, it's still about $400 more than the Ruger, and that will be a deal breaker for many people.

I have both pistols, and personally prefer my FN over my Ruger.  I don't think the ergos on the Ruger are noticeably better than on FN.
View Quote
Yeah I have both, and to me hands down it's easy to see why the FN's offering is superior. I don't feel it's $400 more superior, but gotta pay for that name somehow..
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#12]
FN has slashed the MSRP about $200...they arent $1399 anymore but 1199 msrp...

Problem is...many FFLs will charge full MSRP now due to the climate of things...so we won't see many below $999 for a while...
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea I will not be getting a ruger 57 ever. Not interested. Not a big fan of Ruger. If I’m gonna invest in 57 I’m gonna go with an FN. just wishing it would be a bigger update rather then the slight rolling changes they’ve made over the years.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
FN57 always felt like a VHS tape to me
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I don’t want to say it’s perfect, but aside from the rolling updates from the early DA-only models to the IOM to the USG to the Mk2, not sure what else they could do. For the record, I have an early USG. Price sticker on the FN box was $860, I’ve had it so long.

Doing a “Tactical” variant with a factory threaded barrel and integrated MRDS mount would be nice. Would slot in with the FNX-45 and 509 Tacticals. Suppose sales aren’t there to support it.

I like the look of the new full-FDE Mk2 and I’m considering getting one. Guarantee they’ll make a Mk3 Tactical as soon as I do though.

Not at all interested in the Ruger 57 aside from hoping it generates more 5.7 ammo manufacture.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FN has slashed the MSRP about $200...they arent $1399 anymore but 1199 msrp...

Problem is...many FFLs will charge full MSRP now due to the climate of things...so we won't see many below $999 for a while...
View Quote

In case anyone is looking, GunZoneDeals.com emails have it listed at $979. The cheapest I've seen in 2 years is $949, but I don't keep track either.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Had the Five Seven but ended up selling it a while back due to divorce proceedings, wanted to buy another but right now even though ammo is stupid expensive so are the
pistols, they are not worth 1k IMHO, would get a Ruger but I'm waiting for them to bottom out due to the ammo bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top