Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2018 1:11:03 AM EDT
Do you just put the length of the silencer itself on the Form 1, or ultimate length of the upper you’ll be permanently attaching it to?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I measure from breech face to the distal end of the silencer. I've never included the receiver.
However, all of my integrals have a <16" bbl and at least one part of the silencer is perm attach. as to keep it a 1 stamp gun.
Hence, the reason for including the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I did silencer length only.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Dude...that looks way more awesome than what I envisioned. Did you build it entirely or contract a company to do some of the work?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dude...that looks way more awesome than what I envisioned. Did you build it entirely or contract a company to do some of the work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I had the tube turned by a friend.  I built the rest.  I'm on my third gas block revision.  First two showed that the concept worked, but that it still needed some refinement.  Once I'm mobile again I'll finish this one up.  I've got a much simpler design for a 9mm build that I'll do in the near future.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had the tube turned by a friend.  I built the rest.  I'm on my third gas block revision.  First two showed that the concept worked, but that it still needed some refinement.  Once I'm mobile again I'll finish this one up.  I've got a much simpler design for a 9mm build that I'll do in the near future.
View Quote
Mobile again?  Are you a broke dick? What happened?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just had the 6th surgery on my ankle. 90 days no weight bearing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
That ended up being a 2(or 3)-stamp gun with the muzzle suppressor attached though, no?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That ended up being a 2(or 3)-stamp gun with the muzzle suppressor attached though, no?
View Quote
3.  SBR and two silencers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just had the 6th surgery on my ankle. 90 days no weight bearing.
View Quote
Damn man. I feel your pain.  When I am done with my current assignment I will never parachute again. Don't want to break something again.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
so uhh wheres the rest of the build then?

Honey badger clone I take it?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll get some updated pics when I can walk again.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
So are you just using the extra volume around the barrel or is the barrel actually ported between the chamber and the gas block?  TBH I never really understood the whole "integrally suppressed" semi-auto rifle thing.  IMO muzzle cans or maybe something that reflexes back to the gas block would seem to be the simplest and most effective solution.  Having the gas block poke through the can greatly complicates the whole thing.

Having said that I do love the integrally suppressed subguns though.  I've also got an integrally suppressed 300 BLK bolt gun and a couple of integral 22 pistols.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So are you just using the extra volume around the barrel or is the barrel actually ported between the chamber and the gas block?  TBH I never really understood the whole "integrally suppressed" semi-auto rifle thing.  IMO muzzle cans or maybe something that reflexes back to the gas block would seem to be the simplest and most effective solution.  Having the gas block poke through the can greatly complicates the whole thing.

Having said that I do love the integrally suppressed subguns though.  I've also got an integrally suppressed 300 BLK bolt gun and a couple of integral 22 pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Barrel is ported between the gas block and muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wouldn't that totally screw with the functioning of the rifle?  It doesn't take that much pressure reduction to get the rifle to stop cycling.  I've built some test gas blocks and it didn't take all that much extra internal volume to interrupt cycling.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wouldn't that totally screw with the functioning of the rifle?  It doesn't take that much pressure reduction to get the rifle to stop cycling.  I've built some test gas blocks and it didn't take all that much extra internal volume to interrupt cycling.
View Quote
depends on the gas port size
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ports are after the gas block.  It was a 7.5" barrel, now it's effectively about 6.5".
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, I had a brain fart.  For some reason I pictured the ports before the gas block.  #dumbass

I have some experience with the BR Tuote Reflex cans and I'm not sure that a bunch of extra volume in the blast chamber is really worthwhile.  Personally I wouldn't build a can that extended behind the gas block.  I don't see the benefit and it adds a bunch of extra complication and pain in the ass factor to have the can and gas block occupy the same space.

Having said that I am a huge fan of integrals on SMGs and 22 pistols.  I even have an integral bolt gun in 300 BLK.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
That's really neat.. I had an idea to do the same kind of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top