Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly if Franklin is involved. It will be way too expensive and quality will be spotty…
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what you mean. Their base M4 carbine is almost the same price as BCM and seems in line with the rest of the industry. Of course, PSA and Bear Creek cost less.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
In this order:

Fixed aluminum trunnion like Templar

Pencil barrel option.

AR pistol grip compatibility.

Actual FDE color. And maybe even a Forest Green version!

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:

In this order:

Pencil barrel option.

View Quote

Top 3 for sure.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Gas system components
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I want an 11.5 barrel FDE version in Mlok.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
My ACR experience is limited to handling and shooting one for maybe a couple mags 10-12 years ago.

The biggest improvements I could think of based on that very limited experience are:

1- Reduced overall weight. Especially the front end.
2- Move charging handle a bit down away from the top rail.
3- Make pistol versions
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
View Quote

This but anodized instead of cerakote and would prefer a lighter profile barrel.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

This but anodized instead of cerakote and would prefer a lighter profile barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

I kinda liked the old poly handguard, but a new M-lok variant of Remington’s HG would be great. Midwest’s looks alright, too.

What occurred to me recently would be a little more complex, but ultimately a huge improvement.

FAL-style gas adjustment with a wide range, adjustable in small increments, 10-20 settings. A lot of manufacturers just have normal and suppressed, or normal and adverse, and neither is ever exactly perfect since every can and ammo is a bit different. It’d be nice to be able to get the rifle dialed in just right, since the ACR is one of the few designs that’s great to suppress ‘cuz it doesn’t throw gas in your face like AR derivatives.

Not sure if anyone else has heard any updates about the new rifle?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#10]
How about just some progressive movement or a for sure "yeah, give up guys....it's dead" announcement.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MSOGDAWG:
How about just some progressive movement or a for sure "yeah, give up guys....it's dead" announcement.
View Quote

Ya, that would be nice. That way I could go through all the stages of grief, ending with acceptance, and then just buy an XCR.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Ya, that would be nice. That way I could go through all the stages of grief, ending with acceptance, and then just buy an XCR.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MSOGDAWG:

Well, SHOT Show is around the corner so I'm sure they will get more than a few people stopping by to ask if they don't make an announcement by then.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:

In this order:

Pencil barrel option.

View Quote

Seems reasonable
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I need an ACR in my life, just please give us some details.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Very interesting...
View Quote

Whoa
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Whoa
View Quote

Looks like a Bren 2 slept with an APC223.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Whoa

It's definitely a bit of a trainwreck...

And yet...
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Very interesting...
View Quote

I’m a function before form guy, but holy hell that’s one ugly SOB.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

I'm a function before form guy, but holy hell that's one ugly SOB.
View Quote
Yeeeeeeeah. I respect them for bringing this to the market, but...
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Barrels that return to zero

1:7 twist, wylde or standard 5.56 chamber

M-LOK

Full spectrum AR magazine compatibility

7.62x39/6mmARC version with thick bolt face, probably requiring a proprietary upper for those two calibers. New 30rd 6mmARC magazines of comparable design to those in the LWRC Six8.

Clone of the White Sound Defense FOSSA 556 muzzle device
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#22]
No updates at Shot Show? Nothing for 2.5yrs at this point. Is this project dead?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
No updates at Shot Show? Nothing for 2.5yrs at this point. Is this project dead?
View Quote

At this point, I'd just say my wishlist would be "don't smother it in the crib" but it seems they've done so.  It's totally off their website.

We probably have a better chance that Dana hooks up with another bigger company and they work together on his reverse-engineered Scythe into a magical lawsuit-free version.  Ruger maybe since they like to clone/improve other almost-there designs and they dumped their piston AR platform.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#24]
View Quote
Somebody in the SHOT Show thread said that Bushmaster intimated it was going to take a while to tool up for the ACR again (1-2 more years?). They did not say the platform is dead though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:25:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavVet] [#25]
From Franklin

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Alien:
Somebody in the SHOT Show thread said that Bushmaster intimated it was going to take a while to tool up for the ACR again (1-2 more years?). They did not say the platform is dead though.
View All Quotes

They are still going forward with the ACR but there are a few major products which are now in front of it, unfortunately.  I would not expect to see anything for around two years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:47:25 AM EDT
[#27]

They are still going forward with the ACR but there are a few major products which are now in front of it, unfortunately.  I would not expect to see anything for around two years.
View All Quotes

I imagine it's a hard task. I get the feeling that new Bushmaster is tiny compared to old Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#28]
What products does Bushmaster have that are more unique in the marketplace than the ACR? It would seem silly from a business perspective to focus on anything AR centric in a market where EVERYONE makes AR rifles and parts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By cmeyer001:
What products does Bushmaster have that are more unique in the marketplace than the ACR? It would seem silly from a business perspective to focus on anything AR centric in a market where EVERYONE makes AR rifles and parts.
View Quote

Not when you are already fully tooled up and producing AR's. I think a lot of you grossly underestimate the cost involved in something like this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Not when you are already fully tooled up and producing AR's. I think a lot of you grossly underestimate the cost involved in something like this.
View Quote

Bushmaster didn’t make most of the ACR in house, the parts were brokered out to various machine shops. So, I suspect you’re right about the finances.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Bushmaster didn’t make most of the ACR in house, the parts were brokered out to various machine shops. So, I suspect you’re right about the finances.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

The things Shrubmaster dropped the ball on were mostly picking stupid twist rates and barrel profiles. They probably could have offered SBR barrels and middy gov profile instead of the M4 ones that had no business on that rifle. People would have been more interested in the “modular” rifle if there were parts available to actually change the configuration. Offering the proper 5.56 barrels and 300blk barrels would have been pretty easy for them I’d imagine seeing as most of the parts are AR15 except the gas block.

Is Franklin actually making these ever?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Nate762:

The things Shrubmaster dropped the ball on were mostly picking stupid twist rates and barrel profiles. They probably could have offered SBR barrels and middy gov profile instead of the M4 ones that had no business on that rifle. People would have been more interested in the “modular” rifle if there were parts available to actually change the configuration. Offering the proper 5.56 barrels and 300blk barrels would have been pretty easy for them I’d imagine seeing as most of the parts are AR15 except the gas block.

Is Franklin actually making these ever?

View Quote

That’s a very good question. It would be nice to actually see and hear something from them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Reading is for..
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:18:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nate762] [#34]
Originally Posted By CavVet:

Reading is for..
View All Quotes

Reading is for..

Firstly I gotta say it’s pretty poor business practice in my opinion to just refer people with a copy paste answer. It’s basically guaranteed to piss them off. It appears that Shrubmaster is making them for $6000 in one single configuration… Seems they totally learned their lesson from the previous complete failure. Really seems like they just hate their customers.

I guess if you want an ACR Templar Precision is probably your best option. This is why I hate this industry and we can’t have nice things.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:33:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#35]

Firstly I gotta say it’s pretty poor business practice in my opinion to just refer people with a copy paste answer. It’s basically guaranteed to piss them off. It appears that Shrubmaster is making them for $6000 in one single configuration… Seems they totally learned their lesson from the previous complete failure. Really seems like they just hate their customers.

I guess if you want an ACR Templar Precision is probably your best option. This is why I hate this industry and we can’t have nice things.
View All Quotes

Reading is for..

The $6,000 ACRs in .450 Bushmaster are leftover inventory from the business acquisition not newly made guns. The $6,000 tag to take advantage of people wanting a new ACR is a shitty thing to do. The owner of Franklin Armory told me right after he bought Bushmaster that they have a lot of industrialization before it will be manufactured, and that the Magpul stock patent issue has forced them to design a new one ( I stated this well over a year and a half ago on this thread). Last year, a Franklin executive stated to a friend of mine that the ACR will be made but that it has been placed behind about four other large firearms projects.

I would not expect anything for about three years and who knows what will happen by then. MSR manufacturers are losing more states to sell to every year: DE, RI, IL, OR, and WA in just the last five months. Although Franklin is good with loophole design work, I don't know how many straight-pull ACRs with fixed stocks and 10rd magazines would sell.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/state-semiauto-bans/467878

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/where-is-president-trump-as-some-states-reduce-rkba-to-sub-foreign-levels/77699

I like mine (5.56 w/ .450 conv.) and would at least like to buy some spare parts.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#36]
IMO they shouldn't worry about the stock patent or waste time redesigning and tooling up for it - just contract Magpul to make them, simple.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Apec:
IMO they shouldn't worry about the stock patent or waste time redesigning and tooling up for it - just contract Magpul to make them, simple.
View Quote

Fab tooling for the Magpul stock is now defunct, so it's OOP, most likely for good unless MP requisitions fresh kit or sells or licenses the design to Franklin.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File

I think the poles beat them to it the GROT
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JD42:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66031/IMG_1192_jpeg-2939563.JPG

I think the poles beat them to it the GROT
View Quote

The Nova didn't sell in Mexico
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Kinda sad to see this platform basically dead in the water. I plan to buy a JAKL to honor the twisted legacy of the Masada.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top