Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2024 11:08:01 PM EDT
I am looking at purchasing a used NOX 35.  Is there any issues I need to look out for?  It was purchased in March ‘23, so almost 4 years of warranty left.  Thanks for any insight!
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#1]
OST

Aside from physical damage and checking functionality, I wouldn't know what else to check but interested in the responses.

I have a Nox18 and love it; bought it new almost three years ago now. Would like to get a Nox35.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides making sure the thermal can power on and has a clean image, make sure the owner has the original receipt. This just clears up any possibility of the warranty date. Depending on the thermal, I want to make sure the company can provide service during the warranty period and after. There are some companies  that only replace and will not service thermals after the warranty period is up. N-Vision is not one of those companies, so you should be good in that regard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
As with any electronic device ask to see a picture of the battery compartment and cap to make sure a battery did not let go.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly check to make sure the warrenty will transfer. I know trijicons website says they will not transfer warrenty, yet I see a lot of ppl on fb claiming there's still X amount of time left on factory warrenty.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
Honestly check to make sure the warrenty will transfer. I know trijicons website says they will not transfer warrenty, yet I see a lot of ppl on fb claiming there's still X amount of time left on factory warrenty.
View Quote

I emailed NVision, and they said the warranty transfers, and is tracked off the SN if the scope
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC:
N-Vision makes great Made in the USA stuff, I use their HALO-XRF and it serves me well.

Only thing I can add is to insure you get a 3-5 day inspection period.
View Quote

Not saying you’re wrong, but there’s no way in hell I’d give someone a 3-5 day “inspection period”. Perhaps if your a business (like you are), but as a private/individual seller I’m not letting Joe Shmo in Texas use my thermal hard for 5 days out on the ranch banging it off his side by side and then on the 5th day tell me that one of the buttons doesn’t work anymore and wants his money back.  If the thermal was DOA, that’s one thing, but I don’t have another thermal on the shelf I can swap out with him while I take it up with the manufacturer to replace the broken one.
Top Top