Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2024 2:13:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triburst1]
I have a large safe that has slowly become so cramped it was a pain getting anything in or out. I don’t currently have room for another large safe so I bought a small one on sale, planning to put all my cheaper guns (.22s, shotguns, lever actions) in it to free up space in my big safe.

The problem is that the two long gun sections are so narrow that scoped rifles won’t fit. Even .22s with small scopes don’t have enough room to lean back into the barrel rests. You can definitely forget anything with a straight stock and a pistol grip.

WTF am I supposed to do with this thing?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pavil58ar] [#1]
Never mind. This isn't GD. My apology for an out of place reply.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Turn the scoped rifles sideways put a towel over it and add the next rifle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Gut it and try rifle rods???? Got a pic?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By weapons_free:
Gut it and try rifle rods???? Got a pic?
View Quote
This guy has it right.
Best thing I ever did for my safe.
The rods go down the barrel and it attaches to a velcro lining on the underside of a shelf.
So worst case, you'd have to build a shelf, attach it and use some 3m Super 90 spray to attach the velcro lining.
Rifle rod kit

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top