Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 9:20:28 PM EDT
Ok so at the local gun shop I deal with. Saw this rifle a week or two ago.
Went there again today, asked did you ever sell that frankenrifle? He says nope, its right over there, and it is a ugly ass rifle.

So he asks interested, make a offer.. then I open mouth insert foot.... I throw a low stupid number. He says here's your paperwork, its yours...
I say ah shit, well time to man up and pay the piper...

This seems to be old school, but not sure the values yet. I just got home , have not had time to research what everything is. But it is a frankenrifle for sure..

Attachment Attached File

And then there is this big God knows what handle/grip..
Attachment Attached File

I will do my research on the added accessories this Monday.
I do know this, it is a mossberg 44US .22lr.

So there is the rifle with peep sight, 1 mag, 1 shooting jacket, the rolled rest pad, the brown rest pad, big ol handle, a few weights a stock hook thingy, a forearm stop, some other bent rod for weights. A short sling and the tan canvas bag.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok..How much?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
$125
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$125
View Quote

The hooked adjustable butt plate is worth more than that......................
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#5]
dude.

you scored big time.  that stuff might not be worth anything to you, but to a smallbore competitive shooter/collector its gold.

the rifle is worth over $200.  in todays market... $400+

the part you call a big handle is a palm rest and they are currently $170

shooting jackets are around $100-200

rifle slings are around $70-125

rolled kneeling pads are about $25
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow. You did well. I am trying to get into the precision small bore game and can’t find anything. And what I do find is way overpriced.

If you flip it, you will do well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
rear sight is probably worth more than you paid.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Rear sights are worth ~ $100 and the magazine worth $50 so you are ahead of the game.  From what I can tell in the pic the front is a replacement.  Should have a shroud covering a selectable post, with 4 possible posts down in the sight.

I'd take the butt plate and hand stop off, and you'll have a great shooter.  Suppressor level quite with the CCI Quiet ammo.

Extra magazines may be available at Havlin's as are scope mounts (remove the rear sight, the scope mount fits on that side of the receiver and uses the same mounting holes)
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a super valuable or desirable rifle in its current config but the bits alone  are worth way more than you paid. Palm rest, handstop, butt plate , slings etc..
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Thinking of getting a original stock.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thinking of getting a original stock.
View Quote

If it is a true 44US military w/ serial number that is different from the 44US-A, -B, -C and -D commercial variations.  

I think they all accept the same stocks.  I have a commercial -D version and I have an extra stock that I think is from the -A model but not sure.  Just never tried swapping.

All sorts of parts and stuff at Havlins - https://www.havlinsales.com/

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If it is a true 44US military w/ serial number that is different from the 44US-A, -B, -C and -D commercial variations.  

I think they all accept the same stocks.  I have a commercial -D version and I have an extra stock that I think is from the -A model but not sure.  Just never tried swapping.

All sorts of parts and stuff at Havlins - https://www.havlinsales.com/

View Quote

Have you considered selling the extra stock? Let me know if you do ...
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice! All set up for 3 position small bore match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top