Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2020 10:30:12 AM EDT
I have one of those slings from Giles and
I don’t like it it’s too hard to get into and if you don’t watch the front end it can interfere with charging handle and cause stoppages
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are your QD points?
How you you want to sling your AUG?

My typical setup uses a corvus extended rail and use its mid rail QD (left side) and butt stock QD (right side).  The Ferro Concepts Slingster is very comfortable without any other padding/etc underneath (i.e. Pajamas and bunny slippers).

I also like the Haley Strategic D3 Sling (probably over the Ferro).  It is more minimal, snags less, has its own sling system which is very thought out, and most importantly comes with the QD connectors.  I also find the D3 sling works better on a wider variety of systems.

Either sling is stowed left side rear along the mag well and mag release using an extended Sentry Strap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't like using the front QD on an AUG for that reason so I ended going using a Vickers Padded Sling attached to a Gear Head Works AUG FLEx Swivel and a Corvus Defensio Anti-Rotation QD Sling-attach.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The one that came with it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

AUGs actually came with accessories in the box at one time?

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the original style Steyr sling, it works fine for me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a bunch of the Steyr slings. They work.

I also have some endom adjustable slings with the buckle at the end. It makes for easy sling removal on the M1 guns with a stock rear sling pin with the QD pin at the receiver and the buckle attached to the rear takedown pin.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 900 series and bought what I thought was a surplus sling but it’s so short I can’t really use it.  Open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a 900 series and bought what I thought was a surplus sling but it’s so short I can’t really use it.  Open to suggestions.
View Quote

Perhaps it’s on there funny. Pull the buckle off. Thread the webbing thread the sling pin until it bottom out. Thread the webbing through the loop at the end of the sling. Pull it tight. Now the sling is attached to the rear takedown pin. Next attach the buckle a couple inches down on the sling. Thread it through the sling swivel on the receiver and the buckle. Close buckle.

If it’s still too short then the surplus sling belonged to a midget.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of the Steyr slings. They work.

I also have some endom adjustable slings with the buckle at the end. It makes for easy sling removal on the M1 guns with a stock rear sling pin with the QD pin at the receiver and the buckle attached to the rear takedown pin.
View Quote

Mal,

Thanks for your input. I'm struggling with my BFG sling on my M1 with charging handle interference.

Do you think it's worth buying a factory sling to try out?
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Red wire. Great sling I use on everything
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a War Horse concepts Pitch Veil sling with the Gear head Flex takedown button and the Midwest industries QD Takedown, works pretty well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mal,

Thanks for your input. I'm struggling with my BFG sling on my M1 with charging handle interference.

View Quote

Maybe not? Try the gear head flex, it will fix the interference of the CH. You could also try keeping the sling routed to the right and under the receiver, and routed under the stock (between the grip and vfg) to the left.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe not? Try the gear head flex, it will fix the interference of the CH. You could also try keeping the sling routed to the right and under the receiver, and routed under the stock (between the grip and vfg) to the left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mal,

Hhhmm.... I would have never thought about rerouting the sling.

What do you think about attaching the sling to the rear leg of the factory optic. I can't convince myself it's a good idea. The GH flex looks like my option. Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I had the same idea about the rear optics leg.. but I’m experimenting this solution.. front of the sling attached with an adapter similar to this and stock rear swivel on the right side.. its not that bad and the CH can be manipulated without issue

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hhhmm.... I would have never thought about rerouting the sling.

What do you think about attaching the sling to the rear leg of the factory optic. I can't convince myself it's a good idea. The GH flex looks like my option. Thank you!
View Quote

I’ve never tried that but there’s a bunch of pictures out there of military AUGs with that sling attachment method.

I do like the GHW flex QD sling mount. There’s a lot of well thought out AUG aftermarket parts and this is one of them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Any other options for single point slings???
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#18]
For single point I use a savvy sniper on the Aug FLEx swivel from gearhead works.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had the same idea about the rear optics leg.. but I’m experimenting this solution.. front of the sling attached with an adapter similar to this and stock rear swivel on the right side.. its not that bad and the CH can be manipulated without issue

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-5g8ehva/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/439/627/yhst-89887447921587_2267_129484754__46413.1384451991.jpg?c=2
View Quote

I had a setup like that on my MSAR rifle. Long gone now!

I’d like any info you an share o that please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top