Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:39:47 AM EDT
I was looking at their website and it shows chest size for the JPC 2.0 but then I looked online and seems that they are sized for the plate not chest size.  I'm using bulletproofme shooters plates I believe, thought they were swimmers cut but my plates are not that extreme cut shoulder corners. But my plates are 9.75" X 11.75".  Are they sized by plate size or chest size?  If chest size then it would be a large but if plate size I'm not sure what size to get. Any input would be appreciative.  Thanks guys.

Question,
Is anyone using a JPC 2.0 not using SAPI/ESAPI plates?  If so what cut plate are you using and do you have any issues with the plate fit?

ETA: How long did you wait for your JPC and was their ship date accurate?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 3:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Plate-size determines carrier size; med-med, large-large, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
9.75x11.75 is nominally 10x12. It's closer to 9.5x12.5 sapi medium than anything else. I would try a medium size first.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plate-size determines carrier size; med-med, large-large, etc.
View Quote
Thanks, this is what throws me off. On Cryes website they have this, Click here for sizing information when on the page of the JPC 2.0.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
9.75x11.75 is nominally 10x12. It's closer to 9.5x12.5 sapi medium than anything else. I would try a medium size first.
View Quote
Thanks, I know nothing about "sapi" plates but seems everything is revolved around them.  Does Crye allow returns for a bigger size if the medium doesn't work?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Sized by plate size...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sized by plate size...
View Quote
Curious why they have sizing by chest size on their site? Look here. I believe you guys but don't know why they would put that there.  And thank you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got of the phone with Crye and they said sizing is based off chest size not plate size but if I'm using Polyethylene plates to go up one size due to thickness of those plates.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Curious why they have sizing by chest size on their site? Look here. I believe you guys but don't know why they would put that there.  And thank you.
View Quote
Consider it from the view of their main customers, military and government.  You size the carrier to your chest/body, then acquire the right size plate to go with it.  SAPI sizing is the standard because that's what the military issues.  The civilian market gets confusing because the 10x12 standard doesn't line up with a SAPI size.  It won't fit exactly right in a JPC, and the JPC doesn't have any extra straps or velcro to support an odd sized plate.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Consider it from the view of their main customers, military and government.  You size the carrier to your chest/body, then acquire the right size plate to go with it.  SAPI sizing is the standard because that's what the military issues.  The civilian market gets confusing because the 10x12 standard doesn't line up with a SAPI size.  It won't fit exactly right in a JPC, and the JPC doesn't have any extra straps or velcro to support an odd sized plate.
View Quote
So by Cryes website/ customer service I should get a large.  I have a lot of closed cell foam that I can make the plates fit better if need be.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So by Cryes website/ customer service I should get a large.  I have a lot of closed cell foam that I can make the plates fit better if need be.
View Quote
Because you already have plates, get the smallest carrier that will fit your plates.

The SAPI system allows for a very well fit plate, most civilian plate offerings do not.  The advice to buy based on chest size, then get a plate to match the carrier only applies if you have access to different sized plates.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because you already have plates, get the smallest carrier that will fit your plates.

The SAPI system allows for a very well fit plate, most civilian plate offerings do not.  The advice to buy based on chest size, then get a plate to match the carrier only applies if you have access to different sized plates.
View Quote
Thank you. I have a feeling I may have to return the first one I get from them.  Seems like a lot of conflicting information. You guys say plate size but Crye says body size.  The woman I spoke to at Crye I told her my chest size and plate size and she says go large.  I guess we will find out soon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The JPC plate bag has a nylon front and a stretchy material on the back, with a velcro closure on the bottom.  They are cut so that an ESAPI plate with kevlar backer is a very tight fit.  A standalone SAPI cut plate would also be a very tight fit.  A too-small plate would not sit still in the carrier as there is nothing that would hold it in place.

The way Crye sizes things is to determine the carrier size based on your body size, then they assume you are using the correct size SAPI plate.  Based on your chest measurement you should be wearing a large JPC with large SAPI plates.  If anything, what they are telling you is that your plate is too small.  Buying a larger carrier won't fix that, it'll just create another problem in the form of a poor plate to carrier fit.

Don't worry too much about the plate size, 10x12 has been the standard outside of military armor for a while.  Get a carrier that fits the plate and you'll be happier.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The JPC plate bag has a nylon front and a stretchy material on the back, with a velcro closure on the bottom.  They are cut so that an ESAPI plate with kevlar backer is a very tight fit.  A standalone SAPI cut plate would also be a very tight fit.  A too-small plate would not sit still in the carrier as there is nothing that would hold it in place.

The way Crye sizes things is to determine the carrier size based on your body size, then they assume you are using the correct size SAPI plate.  Based on your chest measurement you should be wearing a large JPC with large SAPI plates.  If anything, what they are telling you is that your plate is too small.  Buying a larger carrier won't fix that, it'll just create another problem in the form of a poor plate to carrier fit.

Don't worry too much about the plate size, 10x12 has been the standard outside of military armor for a while.  Get a carrier that fits the plate and you'll be happier.
View Quote
I appreciate all your input.  I think I'm going to get a medium JPC 2.0 and try it.  If I need to add anything in the plate pocket to make it fit I'm fine with that. It's what I did on my current Eagle RRV.  If it's really noticeable it won't work then I'll get the SKD PIG.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem is 10x12 plates have no standard for the lengths of the top and sides and angles of the cuts between them. Even though your plate is small, since its a non SAPI and thus non standard cut, it is likely the outter upper 45 degree angles are too far apart and it will force the plate to sit lower in the carrier due to poor fit due to shape which cannot be corrected with foam. I also hope your plate is multicurved and stand alone because the JPC has no shape or padding of its own. Singl e curved plates will not be comfortable and make your back flare out at the bottom unnaturally.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The problem is 10x12 plates have no standard for the lengths of the top and sides and angles of the cuts between them. Even though your plate is small, since its a non SAPI and thus non standard cut, it is likely the outter upper 45 degree angles are too far apart and it will force the plate to sit lower in the carrier due to poor fit due to shape which cannot be corrected with foam. I also hope your plate is multicurved and stand alone because the JPC has no shape or padding of its own. Singl e curved plates will not be comfortable and make your back flare out at the bottom unnaturally.
View Quote
Thanks for the input. Yes my plates are multi curved and lvl 4 stand alone.  I was looking at Highcom Guardian plates and a medium sapi is only $229/ each so if my plates don't fit well enough for me I'll just order some sapi plates.  I'll have two PCs so both should have plates anyway.

ETA:  Thinking maybe I should sell the Plates I have and the Eagle RRV PC. Help take some of the sting out of buying everything.  Now since Crye says based on my chest size I should get a large, should I just buy a large JPC then get the corresponding large sapi?
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Not to beat a dead horse but I’ve been in your shoes.  Work issued us some poly plates and a junk carrier.  I got a med JPC and the poly plates were too wide at the top.  I just ended up getting SAPI’s

The nonstandard cut and angle is what’ll screw you up. I know you’ll just plan to return whatever carrier you get that doesn’t fit.  Maybe to save some time and shipping, find a good pic of a SAPI plate and enlarge it to full size, print and hold it up to your 10x12’s.  If yours are narrower at the top, you can push em up w some blue Walmart ensolite padding.  If too wide, it just ain’t gonna work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not to beat a dead horse but I’ve been in your shoes.  Work issued us some poly plates and a junk carrier.  I got a med JPC and the poly plates were too wide at the top.  I just ended up getting SAPI’s

The nonstandard cut and angle is what’ll screw you up. I know you’ll just plan to return whatever carrier you get that doesn’t fit.  Maybe to save some time and shipping, find a good pic of a SAPI plate and enlarge it to full size, print and hold it up to your 10x12’s.  If yours are narrower at the top, you can push em up w some blue Walmart ensolite padding.  If too wide, it just ain’t gonna work.
View Quote
Thanks for the input.  I compared shooter cut and sapi pictures on bulletproofme website and it looks like mine is wider on top.  Would you be willing to measure the top of your sapi so I can compare it to my plate?  I'm not using anything off my current PC and buying all new stuff for the JPC 2.0 so I'm probably just going to buy a set of sapi plates.

Shooters cut
Attachment Attached File

Sapi
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
One more question,  will a medium JPC 2.0 fit a larger chest size then the listed 37-40"?  I'm more 42" now but will be growing a bit larger. Or should I just get a large JPC?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey man sorry about the lousy pics but I had some stuff going on at work this am.  For the same reason I didn’t have time to pull the plate out.  Also, it’s a 1.0 but I don’t think that matters.

The med SAPI fills out the med JPC at the top perfectly.  Getting soft armor backers in is a tight squeeze but pretty easy due to the stretch fabric in the back.  I don’t have them in right now since I wear soft armor anyways.

The width at the top front is right at 5.5 inches

Attachment Attached File

Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hey man sorry about the lousy pics but I had some stuff going on at work this am.  For the same reason I didn’t have time to pull the plate out.  Also, it’s a 1.0 but I don’t think that matters.

The med SAPI fills out the med JPC at the top perfectly.  Getting soft armor backers in is a tight squeeze but pretty easy due to the stretch fabric in the back.  I don’t have them in right now since I wear soft armor anyways.

The width at the top front is right at 5.5 inches

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241310/79A9BFF1-0DF7-4E1C-9CDF-A729BE1BCB34-508732.JPG

Hope that helps!
View Quote
Thank you,  I appreciate ya taking the measurement.  That's how wide my plates are at the top.  I took my plate out and it look just like the sapi plate I posted above. Looks nothing like the shooters cut.  I'm hoping maybe I'll get lucky and my plates will fit. Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Just placed an order for a medium JPC 2.0.  Will update when I get it in.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Got an email from Crye that says ship date is July. That kinda sucks but will give me time to get sapi plates and pouches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top