Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2022 10:59:33 PM EDT
Nowhere to be found.  Nowhere to be purchased.  Unavailable everywhere I look.  

Unobtanium!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Need one myself. Maybe Todd will get right on it first thing when he sees this!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The female part?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
They make them in batches, so you will see them unstuck everywhere sometime soon, then they will all be gone again for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You can also watch the NFA section on the EE. I have seen them pop up for sale from arfcom member from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
lanbo’s armory?  i got mine there a few months back when i couldn’t find elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lanbo’s armory?  i got mine there a few months back when i couldn’t find elsewhere.
View Quote

Shhhh, we have to keep Lanbo's a secret.  I checked for OP and they're OOS as well.  Checked quite a few websites and they're all OOS.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Need one myself. Maybe Todd will get right on it first thing when he sees this!
View Quote

Heyyyyyy now.  I'm over engineering not Sales.  

FWIW, there are some in production.  I can't say how soon they're be on shelves, though.  Be sure to sign up for a notification on our webstore!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Heyyyyyy now.  I'm over engineering not Sales.  

FWIW, there are some in production.  I can't say how soon they're be on shelves, though.  Be sure to sign up for a notification on our webstore!
View Quote

ARF promo code?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]
https://store.meplatgroup.com/product-p/da444.htm
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#12]
^
Thanks brother
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#13]
OP,  Just sent you an IM with one for sale
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ARF promo code?
View Quote

Yeah, it's:  GetAnEngineeringDegreeNotAnArtsDegree.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

*begins to stalk the Dead Air website for typos...*
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

*begins to stalk the Dead Air website for typos...*
View Quote

Bwahaha.  I used to hound our old social media guy because he didn't know the difference between brake and break.  Oof.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bwahaha.  I used to hound our old social media guy because he didn't know the difference between brake and break.  Oof.
View Quote

I work in L&D. Nothing surprises me anymore
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP,  Just sent you an IM with one for sale
View Quote

@six3seven
Very kind of you sir.  Thank you for reaching out.  I responded.  

Thanks to all
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#20]
OP
There's a guy selling one right now in the EE. States he used it for 250rds, and he is asking more for it then they are brand new, but if you really want one.

LINKY
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP
There's a guy selling one right now in the EE. States he used it for 250rds, and he is asking more for it then they are brand new, but if you really want one.

LINKY
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thank you sir
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#23]
As someone who owns 2 DA cans and has a 3rd in jail, I would not recommend buying anything from DA that requires investing into their mounts because of parts availability.  My impression from buying a Ghost is that you need to start to hunt for adapters as soon as you buy the can and hope you can get your 3-lug kit before the can clears (this was even back in the paper F4 days).   Hopefully they have gotten better, but doesn't appear they have.  

After the AAC situation (and hunting for a DA Ghost 3-lug), a huge factor in my can purchases is parts availability.  Was also a big clue when Key Micro or whatever it is called came out where reviewers with DA cans had the disclaimer about them being unobtainium at the time of review (no experience with KM and it's probably a great mounting system, but was apparently very difficult to get at some point or still is).  

Hopefully someone comes out with a DA 3-lug PCC mount adapter that works with their non-1.375x24  cans.  From looking at their website, they don't even offer a 3-lug mount adapter for their Primal that doesn't step it down to the thread pattern and size of their PCC cans so the consumer is left up to buying another brand of 1.375x24 3-lug mount adapter.

I can go to Rugged's website and buy anything I need for my Obsidian pistol caliber cans (other cans too, but only have their PCC ones) or go to Griffin's website and buy anything I need for a whole plethora of cans; both companies magically ship it to my door in a few days as well.   To put it another way, if I had a Ghost approved tomorrow and wanted to shoot it on a PCC I could go to Griffin's website and get muzzle device and adaptor required shipped to my house by next Wednesday.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
you need to start to hunt for adapters as soon as you buy the can and hope you can get your 3-lug kit before the can clears (this was even back in the paper F4 days).

View Quote

Generally solid nfa advice
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Another one just hit the EE last night. Seller says it is new and is including an additional 9mm replacement bushing.
LINK
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As someone who owns 2 DA cans and has a 3rd in jail, I would not recommend buying anything from DA that requires investing into their mounts because of parts availability.  My impression from buying a Ghost is that you need to start to hunt for adapters as soon as you buy the can and hope you can get your 3-lug kit before the can clears (this was even back in the paper F4 days).   Hopefully they have gotten better, but doesn't appear they have.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

this quote from Mr magoo did not age well:
Quoted:
We like to have product on the shelves when we release. How many times have you seen a product teased ("Look at our NEW product!!") and then you find out they made ONE.  Like, a single unit. It's really a prototype.  Maybe a concept car that doesn't even drive down the road.  Maybe an AK-50.  Not even fully tested yet and not ready for mass production.

okay, so you made more than one unit, but it was still nowhere near enough...? i was lucky to find the thread insert I needed for my wolverine and ordered it a few days ago, as it will be out of jail soon (14mm long, so nothing special). i will never forget reading the stories of the 24/26mm insert nightmares. people had looked the entire time they were waiting for their stamp, and STILL got their can before they were able to locate a thread insert. i would expect a stunt like that from Q/KB; not DA. this is probably my biggest gripe with DA; its weird to see an abundance of xeno stuff (including new products), while others are basically left in the dark.  

i understand DA is a very popular company. but don't feed me some BS about making more than one when I have to hunt shit down or buy a sierra 5 with the incorrect mounting system for my needs. also, not sure what you have against Brandon herrera and his AK 50, but it appears there are as many AK50s out in the wild as there are ghost 3 lug mounts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

this quote from Mr magoo did not age well:

okay, so you made more than one unit, but it was still nowhere near enough...? i was lucky to find the thread insert I needed for my wolverine and ordered it a few days ago, as it will be out of jail soon (14mm long, so nothing special). i will never forget reading the stories of the 24/26mm insert nightmares. people had looked the entire time they were waiting for their stamp, and STILL got their can before they were able to locate a thread insert. i would expect a stunt like that from Q/KB; not DA. this is probably my biggest gripe with DA; its weird to see an abundance of xeno stuff (including new products), while others are basically left in the dark.  

i understand DA is a very popular company. but don't feed me some BS about making more than one when I have to hunt shit down or buy a sierra 5 with the incorrect mounting system for my needs. also, not sure what you have against Brandon herrera and his AK 50, but it appears there are as many AK50s out in the wild as there are ghost 3 lug mounts.
View Quote

Wow.  Ok.  First off, I'm really sorry you've experienced what you did.  I'm not even going to bother addressing some of the individual points you're saying here as it's been done before and you literally sound like you're just needing to vent.  It's good to get out bro.

The one thing I can say is that we've seen some serious operational challenges in the market--from raw material to machine shops to our own manufacturing.  It's not like we were sitting around and going "Hey, let's mess with our customers and not make any of these!".   I now have grey in my beard from the retardation I've dealt with the last two years in the supply chain.

You should hold tight because we've heard you and others and have some serious continuous improvement steps underway.  The fact that Xeno and new KeyMo devices are showing up more in the market is exactly an example of this.  

I've never seen an AK50 be sold.  I haven't been watching because I'm not into using R&D for marketing purposes.  I don't know Brandon but I wish I did and he's friends with Pappas and some coworkers.  To say we have anything against Brandon is reading waaaaay too much into my statement.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#28]
To address the subject of this topic, we have a sizable batch of DA444 3-Lugs Adapters getting wrapped in production right now but I can't give out a release date.  It'll  still take time for coating, assembly, and shipment through distribution channels, so please get signed up for notifications on your favorite seller's website and on our webstore.  Silencershop will definitely get some, so don't forget about them.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's good to get out bro.
View Quote

It did feel rather good. Now go make more mounts n shit!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
To address the subject of this topic, we have a sizable batch of DA444 3-Lugs Adapters getting wrapped in production right now but I can't give out a release date.  It'll  still take time for coating, assembly, and shipment through distribution channels, so please get signed up for notifications on your favorite seller's website and on our webstore.  Silencershop will definitely get some, so don't forget about them.  
View Quote

That is good to hear Todd! Let me ask if I may, now what is that insert? I'm just not familiar with them. I was gonna use the three lug to mount my wolfman on an AP5. Is this insert something I need to grab? I ask as above a few posts someone put an EE link in and that dude has a 9mm insert with the mount.

Am I even on the right track? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is good to hear Todd! Let me ask if I may, now what is that insert? I'm just not familiar with them. I was gonna use the three lug to mount my wolfman on an AP5. Is this insert something I need to grab? I ask as above a few posts someone put an EE link in and that dude has a 9mm insert with the mount.

Am I even on the right track? Thanks!
View Quote

That Bushing is already in the 3-lug assembly.  The other is just a spare identical to the one in the assembly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That Bushing is already in the 3-lug assembly.  The other is just a spare identical to the one in the assembly.
View Quote

Gotcha....thank you for clarifying that! I'll grab one from somewhere when more arrive. Appreciate the post.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I now have grey in my beard from the retardation I've dealt with the last two years in the supply chain.

View Quote

I had issues getting my Ghost 3-lug in 2019.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I will repeat what some of the above posters said:  if you are buying DA cans or want DA accessories for a compatible suppressors, start buying as soon as you buy your can.  Dead Air does stuff in batches and they are popular enough that batches do sell out.  They have improved supply significantly in the past couple years despite supply chain issues of the past nearly 3 years, but a little forethought will save a lot of frustration down the road.  And if you don’t use everything, the accessories sell well on the EE in between batch availability.

For anyone interested in going a different direction with mounting, Griffin Armament has a Plan A adapter for the Dead Air pistol cans.  Obviously trilug is king for PCCs, but it’s an option.  I have both, because the Wolfman sounds really good on AKs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I probably have 10 notifications set up with all the bigger dealers.  I'm waiting and watching.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I probably have 10 notifications set up with all the bigger dealers.  I'm waiting and watching.
View Quote

Don't forget your local gun shop.  We sell a YUGE amount of accessories to RSR and some other wholesalers.  This is where your local shops buy them for their inventory, so it pays to make friends with the local guys and have them watching as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Mageever

Thanks for weighing in!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top