Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2020 5:42:21 PM EDT
I like moras. I know they are cheap but I’ve been trying to kill one for 2 years with no success. Hit it with a belt sander yesterday and it’s as good as new.

Anyway thinking of setting up my warbelt finally and wondering if there’s a decent mora and/or sheath that fits the general, 4” or so utility knife role
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Price?
I took a Fallkniven overseas but didn't need it much.  Damned if I know where it is now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
A Mora Garberg would be my choice, if you want a Mora. Great knives for the money and you can get it with a molle sheath.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Price?
I took a Fallkniven overseas but didn't need it much.  Damned if I know where it is now.
View Quote

Unsure on price. I know an esse is like $100 so under that ideally
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The Garberg has a full tang but the price is getting into ESEE territory. ESEE really is the safest choice for a knife with their warranty. Buy once/cry once.
ETA: Garberg $70-$80
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The Moras I've seen are pretty much just Finnish-style knives, so look at these: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/group/puukkos-and-leukus/494
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like moras. I know they are cheap but I’ve been trying to kill one for 2 years with no success. Hit it with a belt sander yesterday and it’s as good as new.

Anyway thinking of setting up my warbelt finally and wondering if there’s a decent mora and/or sheath that fits the general, 4” or so utility knife role
View Quote

While I don't like the sheath (although it works just fine), the Mora 2000 was the predominant knife with all the Finnish guys I worked with in Afghanistan.  The senior NCO advisor for Intel was also a Finnish Ranger School instructor back home (and he gifted me the 2000 when they redeployed).  They issued the Mora 2000 and used them aggressively (even abused them) for their survival instruction.  I personally would like a slightly beefier tang and better sheath, but it's hard to go wrong for a $35 knife that actual Finnish survival experts use...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Mora robust has a nice thick blade and guards on top and bottom to prevent slipping. Leaves room in the price tag for a nice custom kydex sheath.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the dirt cheap Mora 511 for everything.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K27GRSO/

Two for $19 shipped on ebay if you're into that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Garberg if you can afford it.

Bushcrafter is nice as well.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top