Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2019 1:54:24 PM EDT
I know there are a few different SIG forums, but most places are to SELL something (gunbroker, ebay, etc.).
Is there a forum that has a lot of SIG MPX guys AND allows trading??
Facebook has a big MPX group, but doesn't allow trading.

I really want to TRADE my brand new 4.5" barrel (+ a fake suppressor) for an 8" to 10" barrel.  My plan was to use the fake-suppressor, but it looks like I'm going to be in for a longer wait than I thought since I spent my suppressor money.  :)  I may ask ILWT if they wanted to trade--I don't know why they'd want an OEM 4.5" barrel, but maybe they could make sure the latest barrels didn't have any changes, etc. (since SIG is known for rolling changes).  
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I recommend posting in the EE here and sigtalk.com.

Since you have an oem 4.5” barrel that is the best option for someone who has an 8inch that wants to go 4.5”/k setup because it would retain the sig warranty.

You shudnt have a problem trying to trade it. Especially for a 8inch one etc. if this was like 2 years back I’d trade you immediately.

I remember a while back someone tried to sell their 4.5 inch oem barrel and he was asking like $500. Which was kinda in line with sigs pricing for a new one and since you rarely find a used one since most people just chop theirs ($80 chop barrel/hg and retread vs $400+ for barrel and more for the handguard) if They don’t care for the warranty.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I'll check out SIGTALK.  Even though I have the MPX and a 365, I have never checked out any of their forums.

I forgot about the warranty. That is one reason to stay with SIG I suppose...but their prices are insane compared to ILWT. (I do remember seeing someone on FB wanting to borrow a SIG barrel to send his gun in for warranty--but people worried SIG might dremel on the borrowed barrel).  

I figured the EE here is like mostly AR related, and I can't imagine we have too many MPX guys here. I didn't even know this SIG forum existed until I happened to notice it below the PCC forum (where I was posting).

NOTE:  I will say, every time I think about how soft it shoots, I'm happy I didn't go with another heavy-bolt blowback gun. I know AR9s can be tuned to shoot insanely soft, but (a) I still haven't seen one that I really think looks "right" and (b) I often wonder if they're shooting handloads.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Theres a bunch of Mpx owners here on Arf.  yea i like the soft shooting too. Its really nice with a supressor but the gas to face is a bit extreme at times.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah.  I dunno if there’s a fix for that (other than goggles).  :)
I don’t care to suppress mine for shooting or HD.  
I’d like it to be louder and shoot flames for HD!

I WILL get a suppressor next year (assuming the president doesn’t help Congress ban them).
It’s fun to shoot quiet AND great for shooting at my buddy’s farm without upsetting his neighbors.
I’ve read great things about the Kraken 9 (or CGS 9), but the days of $325 ones seem to be gone.
I’m also thinking a multi-caliber might be best. At the moment, I just have a Sparrow.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking to do exactly the opposite. I want to trade my 8'' for a 4.5'' barrel. If you haven't had anyone take you up on that, let me know. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Gemtech MK9K does a fantastic job of mitigating gas blowback.

I've found most pistol based suppressors have a crap ton of blowback, look for a proper subgun can.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've found most pistol based suppressors have a crap ton of blowback, look for a proper subgun can.
View Quote
im still working on the whole gas to face issue. been a while since i been to the range. i talked to a few other mpx owners and they suggested i change ammo brands and play around with it a bit.
The other people i talked to said they had minimal gas to face. Maybe my supressor needs to be broken in more or something because it was still relatively new at that time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
im still working on the whole gas to face issue. been a while since i been to the range. i talked to a few other mpx owners and they suggested i change ammo brands and play around with it a bit.
The other people i talked to said they had minimal gas to face. Maybe my supressor needs to be broken in more or something because it was still relatively new at that time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What suppressor are you using? I've generally never seen any difference between gas blowback from a new vs used can.

Sadly blowback is something that most reviewers don't test for or have their head so far back they won't be experiencing the gas. It's a critical area, and I personally feel it's one more important than decibel chasing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top