Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2020 11:30:07 PM EDT
Went looking to see what they were going for, couldn't find a new one so checked on GB. Crazy expensive. No longer being produced I'm guessing?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they quite making them because they weren't selling any of their licensed copies due to the complete and utter lack of .22 ammo for regular people during the time when they were produced.  Oddly, they stopped making them right at the time that .22 ammo started to become available again.

This is strictly my theory....I have not been able to discover exactly why they stopped producing them.  Mine was incredibly, stupidly reliable....and accurate enough for fun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
I think they quite making them because they weren't selling any of their licensed copies due to the complete and utter lack of .22 ammo for regular people during the time when they were produced.  Oddly, they stopped making them right at the time that .22 ammo started to become available again.

This is strictly my theory....I have not been able to discover exactly why they stopped producing them.  Mine was incredibly, stupidly reliable....and accurate enough for fun.
View Quote

Hmmmm that's a pretty logical theory.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My guess is the stupid pricing is due to the release of the SP5 as well as them not being made anymore.

From what I've seen lately, everything MP5 based is stupid priced right now if available at all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
I think they quite making them because they weren't selling any of their licensed copies due to the complete and utter lack of .22 ammo for regular people during the time when they were produced.
View Quote

IIRC this is exactly why GSG/ATI exited the US market with theirs.

Maybe I should sell my "Gen1-converted" GSG522 now...
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg-522-sd-light-weight-22lr-16-25-fixed-stk-1-22.html?___SID=U#.Xr77BWhKi00.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DEGOLDCUP:
https://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg-522-sd-light-weight-22lr-16-25-fixed-stk-1-22.html
View Quote

Yes, if you like the SD style, and of course you'll want to get the NON-lightweight and then to put a Gen1 kit on it to get it closer to the original:
https://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg5-gsg522-dlx-hk-style-kit.html

The lightweight has a polymer upper IIRC, so I'm pretty sure the Gen1 parts don't work.  Check through our own GSG-5 sub-forum for lots of good info though!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Love mine. Mine has the a2 stock. I also own a real H&K Mp-5. Would LOVE an A3 stock on my Mp-5 22 but the real A3 stock does not fit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top