Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2019 8:55:16 PM EDT
I've been wanting one for a while now. The other day I decided to buy one. Everywhere was out of stock. Go to the website and there's nothing there. Shop link . Their social media pages have disappeared as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one a while back, the trainer came along with it.  They're handle heavy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been wanting one for a while now. The other day I decided to buy one. Everywhere was out of stock. Go to the website and there's nothing there. Shop link . Their social media pages have disappeared as well.
View Quote
I was getting ready to purchase one last month but all of the online vendors I use to buy knives were sold out.  I went directly to Colonels site and discovered most of it was down.  I tried doing a little research and the few things I read said that they are restructuring but couldn't find anything confirming that statement.  I find it odd that they took all of their social media outlets down if they are restructuring.  I'm hoping in the worst case scenario they sold the design to another company, if not I'll be disappointed I didn't pick one up when I had the opportunity.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was getting ready to purchase one last month but all of the online vendors I use to buy knives were sold out.  I went directly to Colonels site and discovered most of it was down.  I tried doing a little research and the few things I read said that they are restructuring but couldn't find anything confirming that statement.  I find it odd that they took all of their social media outlets down if they are restructuring.  I'm hoping in the worst case scenario they sold the design to another company, if not I'll be disappointed I didn't pick one up when I had the opportunity.
View Quote
The social media being gone, but the website still up and running had me confused as well. I'm hoping they didn't go bankrupt, and are just re-branding, or something similar.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 12:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I wanna say they got bought out by one of the big companies last month.

Kinda like when AXTS got bought out and you couldn't get Raptor charging handles for about 6 months.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran into the same results as ya'll. I saw the knife on John Lovell's youtube channel and I like the idea. I'm thinking  a Kbar Last Ditch with a custom sheath would be pretty close to the same thing. What do ya'll think?
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ran into the same results as ya'll. I saw the knife on John Lovell's youtube channel and I like the idea. I'm thinking  a Kbar Last Ditch with a custom sheath would be pretty close to the same thing. What do ya'll think?
View Quote
I think it's very small and hard to grip.

Have you looked at their TDI series?  An Emerson La Griffe would be in between the Last Ditch and TDI size wise, and better quality.

Adding, I own two La Griffes and a small PE TDI.  I've handled the Last Ditch and it didn't do much for me.

(Of course it's super cheap and you won't be out much to experiment.)

The ESEE 'Tertiary' is on my list to check out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]
@Pachuko
Thank you for the info. Will look into those. I hadn't thought about the size issue.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
As mentioned above, it's too small for my liking. The other reason I never bought one was how you hold it. There's no hole in the center like the Colonel that allows you to grip a firearm too. I looked at the Essee too, but It's out of my budget at the moment. The way that's shaped, you can still grip a gun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I was still thinking about this. Found this review/comparison. It's pretty old and the guy's accent is awful ( I'm from the south). But it is pretty interesting.
Ka-Bar TDI vs. TOPS Devil's Elbow: Full Comparison Review
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh yeah, if this is one of ya'll I don't mean any offense with the accent comment. It just ain't what I'm accustomed to hearing.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Emailed them months ago and go a response that said something about being on hiatus for personal reasons and would post to social media when they are back.  This was around Jan/Feb if I remember correctly.  I emailed them again a few weeks ago and still have no received a response.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the concept visually. Practically, I think anyone would be better served with many other options. Check out the JB Sakit.

https://youtu.be/gUgMfN0RlQ8

Check out this video, this is a big reason the Colonel is a no go for me. Also, I have noticed on the trainers, the sheath orients the blade much differently and allows a different grip then the actual live blade. Not very useful from a training perspective
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the concept visually. Practically, I think anyone would be better served with many other options. Check out the JB Sakit.

https://youtu.be/gUgMfN0RlQ8

Check out this video, this is a big reason the Colonel is a no go for me. Also, I have noticed on the trainers, the sheath orients the blade much differently and allows a different grip then the actual live blade. Not very useful from a training perspective
View Quote
I've found the complete opposite.  First, both are "in-close" blades.  When I was testing between the pikal-style blades and punch daggers like the Colonel, TDI, or BM Azeria, I found the pikal-styles didn't work as well from a seated or awkward position.  As the reviewer noted, it's fine if you're fighting close-in, but my goal was to "punch" and create distance from my adversary, ultimately drawing my sidearm.  The punch style knives needed less than 6 inches to draw and punch.  Not sure about the sheath comment.  My Colonel trainer and regular blade sheaths are the exact same and can be set up to carry identically.  While much does depend on fighting style for preference, mine is more focused on simply creating distance if I can't immediately draw my sidearm; a punch knife like "the Colonel" just proved to be the best option for me and my job when I was an advisor.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Emailed BCM.  Received the following reply (very quickly I might add):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Col Blade is doing an internal reconstruction. Blades will be back In productions later this year and available for purchase through the BCM website.

Please make sure to sign up for the notify me when back in stock option on the product page to be alerted as soon as they become available.

Thank you,

Bravo Company USA, Inc
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Emailed BCM.  Received the following reply (very quickly I might add):
View Quote
thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

thanks for sharing!
View Quote
They're back!:

https://dep7.com/#
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They're back!:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for sharing!
They're back!:

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top