Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2018 8:00:05 AM EDT
Just wondering what size jets guys are using with a 10” barrel on the 16. I ran a 1.85 for about 2k rounds of wolf steel case, 1000 or so of which was suppressed. The gun started failing to lock back and was not picking up succeeding rounds after this point. Cleaned the piston for the first time and thourouhly cleaned the carrier, bolt, and receiver, and installed a 1.8 jet. It’ll run that one now. Not sure how long it’ll run, but I think I’ll try it for a while. FYI, my research has shown the factory cqc size is apparently 2.0.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how it works, I was going to have pmm chop my barr l and send me back the next to smaller sized inserts to play with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I had PMM chop mine to 10.5 and it’s on the truck to be delivered back today.

Curious to see what they put in it and sent as extras. Will hit the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had PMM chop mine to 10.5 and it's on the truck to be delivered back today.

Curious to see what they put in it and sent as extras. Will hit the range this weekend.
View Quote
I recall reading he sends one size bigger and that the one he puts in there will even run wolf steel case. I'm going to order 1.8, and 1.9 to try out also. I only shoot 556 though so I'll be tuning accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It’ll run with 5.56 with a 1.8 for sure. Mine runs wolf steel with a 1.8 until it gets filthy. Jarod installs and recommends a 2.0 with 10” chop.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It'll run with 5.56 with a 1.8 for sure. Mine runs wolf steel with a 1.8 until it gets filthy. Jarod installs and recommends a 2.0 with 10" chop.
View Quote
Guess I'll order 1.6 through 1.8 then. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had my barrel cut to 11in and I’m using the 120 (1.5 mm) and haven’t had any cycling issues so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top