Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2018 9:31:07 PM EDT
Was out shooting with a buddy the other day, and realized how much different his set up was than mine.

Nothing was more different than our pouch set ups. Call it what you will. Junk pouch, dangler, SACK, the pooch, hanger, etc.

So my question is:

What do you carry in yours?

I run a Spiritus Sack, and can manage a multitool, light, some gauze, batteries, and some chemsticks in mine.

Pics are welcome.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Demo calc reference card, pen and notepad, and a multitool.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 5:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Blowout kit, IR and vis glowsticks, batteries, a couple feet of duct tape wrapped around a gift card, a lighter, a flashlight, and a sharpie.

Curious, what was in his that caused you to ask this question?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blowout kit, IR and vis glowsticks, batteries, a couple feet of duct tape wrapped around a gift card, a lighter, a flashlight, and a sharpie.

Curious, what was in his that caused you to ask this question?
View Quote
He pulled his NODs out of it. We had been shooting all day, I was surprised to see he had been hauling them all along. Mine were in the truck.

I told him he was ballsy with all the prone shooting we were doing. Guess he has faith in their durability.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He pulled his NODs out of it. We had been shooting all day, I was surprised to see he had been hauling them all along. Mine were in the truck.

I told him he was ballsy with all the prone shooting we were doing. Guess he has faith in their durability.
View Quote
Wow, that is ballsy. I've broken quite a bit in my dangler going prone. A headlamp, some sample vials, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to pop at least half of my chemlights.

I don't keep anything breakable in it that's not completely consumable/replaceable and I also don't keep anything that can fragment in an explosion.

Nowadays its pretty much shooting gloves, neck gaitor, rubber gloves, sample bags, chemlights
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wow, that is ballsy. I've broken quite a bit in my dangler going prone. A headlamp, some sample vials, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to pop at least half of my chemlights.

I don't keep anything breakable in it that's not completely consumable/replaceable and I also don't keep anything that can fragment in an explosion.

Nowadays its pretty much shooting gloves, neck gaitor, rubber gloves, sample bags, chemlights
View Quote
That's what I thought. I'm definitely with your train of thought of nothing important/breakable. Why risk it?

Quoted:
I guess I don't understand OP's question.

Admin pouch contains items that might need to be accessed quickly.  Mostly paperwork and such.  Maybe a spare battery or three.  Usually mounted where doing so is easy, such as on front of chest, or maybe to one side.

If OP means spent mag pouch, then it stays rolled-up until needed.  There are better places for NODs than flopping around in an un-padded pouch, as has been noted.  No offense, of course.
View Quote
Admin's up top on your PC, for the most part. I'm referring to these: http://spiritussystems.com/sack-sub-abdominal-carrying-kit/

Unfortunately, there's really no universal name they go by.

I agree about better places to store NODs. Mine live in a pelican....
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Generally I keep my shooting gloves, extra batteries, little baggie of bandaids, and stuff like snacks in there.

However if i'm going to be putting on NVG's (that I keep in a padded pouch in my back panel during daylight) and have downtime in the late afternoon/evening hours, i'll put my PVS14 into the dangler so that when light conditions become appropriate I can quickly don the goggles without needing to rely on the buddy system.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Generally I keep my shooting gloves, extra batteries, little baggie of bandaids, and stuff like snacks in there.

However if i'm going to be putting on NVG's (that I keep in a padded pouch in my back panel during daylight) and have downtime in the late afternoon/evening hours, i'll put my PVS14 into the dangler so that when light conditions become appropriate I can quickly don the goggles without needing to rely on the buddy system.
View Quote
My tactical snacks have their own taco pouches, TYVM.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to dislocate my arms trying to get in a back pouch because my buddy is a couple hundred yards away.... hahaha.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#10]
In the SACK on my work PC I have:

E1e Surefire flashlight
Med supplies
pocket smoke
TQs
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#11]
In my sack, I've got

med tape
duct tape
combt gauze
pressure dressing

it's mostly medical supplies.

If I'm using it more for RECCE/ hunting, I keep a range finder and kestrel in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top