Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 10:13:56 AM EDT
I have a Scorpion on the way with an ACR folding stock.

It appears that that stock won't offer a cheek weld low enough to use the factory irons.

I'm wondering what I need to mount a 507k high enough to work with this setup, because I have an extra one.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You would probably want something like a AR co witness height mount for it.  But not sure who makes a mount that will fit those micro red dots. You may end up having to get an RMR plate adapter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Makes sense.

I have a T1 on a LaRue AR mount. I may try that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The ACR Folder with tail hook looks great but I almost wish it had something with a lower cheek weld.

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the SBTEVO.  I have a Romeo on an ADM low mount on mine with this brace combo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the SBTEVO.  I have a Romeo on an ADM low mount on mine with this brace combo.
View Quote

Nice got a pic?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone here running the ACR Folder on their scorpion? Would love to hear their thoughts.

It looks to me like the factory CZ irons won't even be usable with this folding brace setup.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My irons work just fine with my cheek bone resting on the brace.  It’s not perfect, but it works well enough.  It is one of the compromises when running a braced pistol.  I would need to shift my rear sight forward some if I were going to use it exclusively.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My irons work just fine with my cheek bone resting on the brace.  It’s not perfect, but it works well enough.  It is one of the compromises when running a braced pistol.  I would need to shift my rear sight forward some if I were going to use it exclusively.
View Quote

Good to hear.

I'm waiting on my Scorpion to arrive, so have only been able to estimate based on pics. But those irons look really low relative to the brace.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine finally arrived.

Want to add a compact light and that's about it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Likely going to sell the CZ sites and go with something a little taller, due to the ACR.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:39:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I use a low Larue mount. An absolute mount or a lower 1/3 will not mesh with most people's cheek weld.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use a low Larue mount. An absolute mount or a lower 1/3 will not mesh with most people's cheek weld.
View Quote

What optic are you using?

I put my T1 on it and liked it in a LaRue mount. I believe tall.

I don't want to drop money on another aimpoint.

Trying to decide what to use. Gun shoots great.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What optic are you using?

I put my T1 on it and liked it in a LaRue mount. I believe tall.

I don't want to drop money on another aimpoint.

Trying to decide what to use. Gun shoots great.
View Quote

507c
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top