Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2019 3:14:59 PM EDT
This might be the wrong place to ask.. if so, please forgive me:

Got my FFL about 6 months back so the neighbor was looking to sell me a few guns he had; a Marlin Mod 60 and a TC Hawken in 50 Cal. I told him I might be interested in the 22, but couldn't find much on the Hawken for value so I probably wouldn't be interested. He shot me a price for both that I couldn't refuse... but I still don't know what this Muzzle loader is worth!

The stock is in great shape, the end of the muzzle looks good. I am ordering a borescope so I can see the rest. I anticipate it being good because he said he bought it in '79-'80 and shot an elk with it and never used it again. From the forum I was reading the serial number seems to correspond to that time frame. I also learned that this is not a "Kit gun". He gave me everything, a little powder, some bullets/sabots/balls, patches, cleaning stuff (looks like everything in the "flintlock shooters kit" on midway), Caps, Rapid Loaders and a few things I don't know what they are for...

Can anyone give me an idea what I should be asking for this package? I can post some pics if needed.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Please forgive me!
Here are some Pics.

Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hawken would be valued at $300 minimum. Might sell on GB for $350.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top