Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 10:16:46 PM EDT
What are your favorite gloves that you use for shooting?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Outdoor Research Firemark Sensor Gloves
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
SKD PIG gloves are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Pigs
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Pigs are the best all-around I've used. For outright tactile quality the Mechanix .5mm are superb - but they won't offer any real protection.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have SKD Pig, I don’t like that they have holes in them for ventilation, fine if you’re in a very urban area or at the range but thornes will find a way in if you’re out in thick brush.

I have Mechanix and they’re okay, but not the most durable for me.

My favorite are my Outdoor Research Ironsight gloves. Pretty close to the SKD in terms of perfect fit but no holes and way more durable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Outdoor Research have been the best.

I bought SKD Pigs twice now, and both times the index finger failed in short order.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I still use flying gloves cause I have a bunch and they're (surprisingly) touch screen compatible and no melt/no drip
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SKD PIG gloves are pretty nice.
View Quote

I do love the SKD gloves, but I love my OR suppressor gloves more; but they're almost 3x the price.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Mechanix FastFit but I'am a few moons past "Tactical"
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Standard issue nomex flight gloves, rolled at the wrist.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I've always used Mechanix gloves, so I cannot compare. They offer a good balance of price and quality. When they wear out, it is no big loss.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've always used Mechanix gloves, so I cannot compare. They offer a good balance of price and quality. When they wear out, it is no big loss.
View Quote

That's where I am with gloves too.  From $10 to $100 they all seem fall apart pretty quick with field use.  Even faster when wet/sweaty a lot.  I've never had a pair of gloves last long enough to really compare tactile feel between models.  A pair of Fast Fits work until they don't.  Cheap enough to keep spares and "restock" as needed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]
It depends on which glove fits your hand best but for me PIG.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like Mechanix- Fast Fit and the .5mm, followed by PIGs. I rotate between all of them. They keep the sun off, keep the sweat under control, and provide some abrasion resistance.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
OutdoorResearch Ironsights. Fuck every other pair of gloves. Especially anything with a pad on the end of the index finger.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OutdoorResearch Ironsights. Fuck every other pair of gloves. Especially anything with a pad on the end of the index finger.
View Quote

Church.

Ironsights are legit.  Some of the toughest yet still very useable shooting gloves I've ever had and I've gone through a few pairs of different brands (Mechanix, SKD Pigs, 5.11's).  

IMO, when it comes to any gloves for tactical purposes (winter gloves especially) Outdoor Research is King.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Haven’t tried pigs yet but the Home Depot Firm Grip packs that are 3 for $9 work better for me than Mechanix.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Haven’t tried pigs yet but the Home Depot Firm Grip packs that are 3 for $9 work better for me than Mechanix.
View Quote

I've tried all of those Home Despot gloves, and they all fall apart quick. As long as you know that they are not built to last, buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep. Better than nothing at all on yer mitts.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I have some Pigs and i like them a lot.  Played one airsoft match with them and I took them off because it was obvious they were not gonna hold up for long.  Range only imo.  I have mechanix that i havent used much but they seem a good bit more durable.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I have tried the 5.11, Outdoor Research, Vertx, and SKD Pigs. The Pigs are my favorite followed by the Outdoor Research. The Vertx gloves would be my favorite but their sizing is way off. I remember reading the reviews that the fingers were way too long but assumed it was just people with abnormally short, stubby fingers complaining. I got a pair and the fingers are 1/2" - 3/4" too long on some fingers. So they sit in my range bag as a backup pair in case my Pigs fail.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Leather Blackwaters purchased in 2009.  Fuck yeah.

could be better with the finger pads tho
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Standard issue nomex flight gloves, rolled at the wrist.
View Quote

Same here.  Good enough for me.

And I fucking hate, I mean fucking  HATE velcro around the wrist closure for field/shooting gloves.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I've used an old pair of Revit motorcycle gloves that I took out of riding rotation. Between the motorcycle and the trail bike the gloves were broken in but still serviceable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've tried all of those Home Despot gloves, and they all fall apart quick. As long as you know that they are not built to last, buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep. Better than nothing at all on yer mitts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather have the nitrile dipped knit gloves that the FG 3 pack from Depot.
They're cheaper and last longer.
I have a bunch of the camo FGs for hunting because I can afford to change them as often as my socks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Eh, I have plenty of Nomex flight gloves so I use those.  The all black Hardy gloves from harbor freight aren't bad for $5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top