Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2020 3:13:07 PM EDT
Hey guys recently purchased a MCX Tacops, has the 6.75 barrel with faux SRD762.  This build I'm going for maximum suppression/hollywood quiet with subs. I wanted some opinions and thoughts on what suppressor to mate with this gun, it'll be dedicated to this one only. Options I have been mainly considering are the .30 cal line of suppressors from sig and Q. I know I can't go wrong with the 7.62 stuff but what Im not sure about is if a .338 can would be even better(srd338/ultra9/other suppressors)?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys recently purchased a MCX Tacops, has the 6.75 barrel with faux SRD762.  This build I'm going for maximum suppression/hollywood quiet with subs. I wanted some opinions and thoughts on what suppressor to mate with this gun, it'll be dedicated to this one only. Options I have been mainly considering are the .30 cal line of suppressors from sig and Q. I know I can't go wrong with the 7.62 stuff but what Im not sure about is if a .338 can would be even better(srd338/ultra9/other suppressors)?
View Quote

Nomad L is currently the quietest 300BLK can I’ve shot.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used a Dead Air Sandman K...shortest one at the time and definitely not Hollywood quiet.  I went that route for shortest overall length and reasonably hearing safe.  That is does very well.

I have run a AAC SDN6 on a 9" MCX Legacy and it was very good.  Been a few years and I ran only a few mags through it.  I used it along on my 9" AAC upper and it works great.  

I also ran a Griffin Armament Alpha (Paladin now) and it worked as well as the AAC SDN6.  I bought that one to run one my Remington 700 300 blk using cast bullets...it is user serviceable.

I was looking at adding a Dead Air Sandman L to the mix to use the same mount as my K and reduce the sound further.  Then the new Nomad L came out....that is next on my list.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
SRD338TiQD or Titan QD.

Volume kills.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The Nomad L or CGS Hyperion are probably the quietest current 30 cal suppressors. They’re massive but probably wouldn’t be bad buried under the Tacops handguard.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/E6B867EC-EB95-4171-B9DB-E765AC5C6D8B-1269062.jpg
View Quote

It's so ugly it's beautiful.  Looks fantastic, I'll take your word on sound.  Hows the blow back with the L.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That was mix n match day.

I didn’t notice any blowback, but I’m running the 9” barrel.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not heard a Nomad L and would definitely buy one, but the Sandman L is very quiet on a 300.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I will definitely check out the Nomad L, it looks like I need to compare it with the SRD/Full Nelson though. Do you have any experience with the .338 cans?  Are the Nomad baffles that much better than a larger volume can. What I really want is a .30 cal can with a larger .338 baffle stack size.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will definitely check out the Nomad L, it looks like I need to compare it with the SRD/Full Nelson though. Do you have any experience with the .338 cans?  Are the Nomad baffles that much better than a larger volume can. What I really want is a .30 cal can with a larger .338 baffle stack size.
View Quote

That 338 SRD is a long boi...

I love the SIG cans, but they are being discontinued for the new ones coming out later this year. And the mounts won’t be backward compatible.

Until I shot the The Nomad L, the SRD762Ti closely followed by the Thundrchicken were the best performing 300BLK subsonic cans.  The Nomad is noticeably better.

Again, nothing against SIG: I still shoot it the most.

The Nomad L also has the benefit of being excellent for supersonic rounds as well.

You’ll love the suppressed MCX. I shoot it three times a week at least. Waiting for more ammo to show up as we speak.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had my eyes on Dead Airs Wolfman and am really likeing what I've read about the Nomad L. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up getting a Nomad L no matter what but now these 338 cans have my interest peaked too.

I think the Info I'm looking for is some first hand experience with a .338 can vs a .30 cal can. The AAC and TBAC 338 cans are 10"x1.8". They are definitely freaking huge. Gotta remember though the tacops has a 6.75" barrel which with one of those puts me right back at standard 16" carbine length. I'm sure the weight is noticeable but I can maneuver a 6920 in and out of SUV's so I'm not worried as far as length. However i am worried about those bigger cans being designed for much higher pressure rounds than .300blk subs, in theory that would have a detriment on sound reduction right? I just wanna hear 1 mag with one then the other lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/E6B867EC-EB95-4171-B9DB-E765AC5C6D8B-1269062.jpg
View Quote

I love that setup

Would you say the MCX is quieter than a DI gun?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Look into the CGS hyperion. I bought mine to permanently live on a 6.75" MCX tacops. I think it's quieter than the Nomad L from what I've read and it already has the taper interface for the sig barrels. And they are only 680 bucks if you become a Gold NFA Review Channel Patreon supporter. It will also be lighter at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll have to compare the decibel readings for the nomad L and the Hyperion, do you know which one has a lower tone? The lower tone suppressors seem to "sound quieter". If you have any links/articles you could share it would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SRD338TiQD or Titan QD.

Volume kills.
View Quote
Hippies do you have any numbers regarding a .338 can on the MCX. I'm really interested in that but I can't find any metering numbers/video about it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I love that setup

Would you say the MCX is quieter than a DI gun?
View Quote

Unscientifically, yes I think so.

It was built to be suppressed. SIG did a great job.

I shoot the MCX more than any other gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are these guns anodized or cerakote ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are these guns anodized or cerakote ?
View Quote

Rattler is anodized MK18 FDE. Virtus is factory tan Cerakote.

Sorry OP, not trying to derail your thread...

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hippies do you have any numbers regarding a .338 can on the MCX. I'm really interested in that but I can't find any metering numbers/video about it.
View Quote

https://m.facebook.com/SilencerShop/posts/1306846822669429

Forgot about the Ultra 338.  An excellent option as well.

Silencer shop got a 118 DB average.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll have to compare the decibel readings for the nomad L and the Hyperion, do you know which one has a lower tone? The lower tone suppressors seem to "sound quieter". If you have any links/articles you could share it would be much appreciated.
View Quote

The Hyperion has a wild tone. Because of the crazy baffle stack, it has a ‘wooooosh’ quality to it which is super cool. Here is Alabama Arsenal’s video on it Link

Alabama Arsenal has also reviewed the Nomad L recently and said on their Instagram that the Hyperion is probably quieter than the L, but it’s hard to tell.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That 338 SRD is a long boi...

I love the SIG cans, but they are being discontinued for the new ones coming out later this year. And the mounts won’t be backward compatible.

Until I shot the The Nomad L, the SRD762Ti closely followed by the Thundrchicken were the best performing 300BLK subsonic cans.  The Nomad is noticeably better.

Again, nothing against SIG: I still shoot it the most.

The Nomad L also has the benefit of being excellent for supersonic rounds as well.

You’ll love the suppressed MCX. I shoot it three times a week at least. Waiting for more ammo to show up as we speak.
View Quote

Pete are you using the "-" setting on the MCX with the Nomad L?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pete are you using the "-" setting on the MCX with the Nomad L?
View Quote

I’ll need to get it out of jail again and test, but my memory is no. Subs are +. Supers are -.

I’ll leave the MCX on + as a “ready” condition.

The difference in Rattler +/- is a little more pronounced than the 9” Virtus.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’ll need to get it out of jail again and test, but my memory is no. Subs are +. Supers are -.

I’ll leave the MCX on + as a “ready” condition.

The difference in Rattler +/- is a little more pronounced than the 9” Virtus.
View Quote

Makes sense. Reason I ask was I saw you tested the Rex MG10 and had to go to + for subs to cycle, was wondering if it was an apples to apples comparison which sounds like it was. That's pretty awesome of the Nomad L to be noticeably quiet! The MG10 on my HB is super quiet, would be exciting to hear the Nomad L. Interestingly enough, I've noticed the HB to be much quieter than a LMT 300blk, wonder how the Sig vs HB compares?
Top Top