Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2020 2:07:58 PM EDT
I have no knowledge on FALs so I’m seeking the wisdom of arfcom. I have my LWRC M6A2 6.8spc for sale and was offered a century west German G1 on an imbel receiver. I’m unable to find much information on these and would like to know how much they’re worth and if they’re any good. I paid $750 for the LWRC but I would think it’s probably worth about $1000. Thanks for any help

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have no knowledge on FALs so I'm seeking the wisdom of arfcom. I have my LWRC M6A2 6.8spc for sale and was offered a century west German G1 on an imbel receiver. I'm unable to find much information on these and would like to know how much they're worth and if they're any good. I paid $750 for the LWRC but I would think it's probably worth about $1000. Thanks for any help

https://i.imgur.com/sDVqZUh.jpg
View Quote
Does the seller know who built it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
G1's were FN produced and components were quality. Imbel receiver is solid and were licensed by FN. IIRC the G1 kits came out of Turkey prior to refurbishment so, I'd check out the bbl condition closely as some were rode hard.

Agree with posted above regarding builder questions. Century was a nightmare on build quality. I bought a Century assembled L1A1(Brit pattern FAL) on and Argentine receiver year ago and upon disassembly, I found that they have destroyed the wrench flats for tightening the bbl. The angry beavers peeled metal away and the headspace was off. I lucked into another bbl and had Glen Riddle at Magnum Gunsmithing rebuilt my rifle into something I'm proud to have in the collection.

Few oddball G1 issues:
The FH is held on by a lug on the bbl, there aren't any threads.
Sheet metal handguards get hot
Bipods are heavy and shift POI in these rifles

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe receivers are going for $550 and up these days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
G1's were FN produced and components were quality. The G1 kits came out of Turkey prior to refurbishment so, I'd check out the bbl condition closely as some were rode hard.

Few oddball G1 issues:
The FH is held on by a lug on the bbl, there aren't any threads.
Sheet metal handguards get hot 
Bipods are heavy and shift POI in these rifles

View Quote

All of this +1. Bring gloves when you plan shooting a G1. My G1 was definitely a rode hard Turkish kit, but can still kinda hit the broad side of a barn All in all a cool piece of Germany’s shortest serving service rifle history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top