Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2020 8:27:23 PM EDT
It started with a brownells Brn22 stripped receiver. A friends dad gave me his factory trigger group after replacing his with a bx trigger (and I sent this to brimstone for their sweet spot cheap trigger job). I grabbed a bolt off eBay and put in the volquartzen kit in that. The barrel is a kidd 6” and the rest is history. Just did the 22 casing mod to the bx25 so hopefully that feeds better.

It just feels so right

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats the brace?

I've been thinking of doing something like this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Standard sb side folder 1913 mounted for an mpx pistol Here

It feels really nice and solid. It opens by lifting/torquing the brace vertically and rotating, and then it stays shut under spring tension with a little authority. I got this for $137 after coupon code
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
if the BX25 mag still is not reliable with the roller job on the follower (mine wasn't),, try adding some duct tape to the mag body... two layers to the rear, and one around the side were needed to tighten my BX25 and BX15s... the lock up of the magazine front to rear is loose on the high cap mags compared to the OEM 10 round rotary mags....there are a couple of videos on youtube where epoxy was added to the BX mags.... I wasn't successful with 2 part, but have not tried something like Marinetex

I believe the looseness of the mag causes problem ejecting the case, as the ejector is on the feed lip... I have one mag where simply squaring off the ejector caused an improvement in reliability
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My 6 inch Kidd barrel and other goodies should be in today.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!

I’m about to head down the same rabbit hole. I picked up a preowned Charger for short $$ and will be doing the same build +/-  

Thanks for posting. ??
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By corrosionguy:
My 6 inch Kidd barrel and other goodies should be in today.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/239906/IMG_20200418_182640_950_jpg-1397109.JPG
View Quote

I saw the updated pic in another post, my man! Looking sweet! They shoot oh so nice
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fuguar:
Nice!

I’m about to head down the same rabbit hole. I picked up a preowned Charger for short $$ and will be doing the same build +/-  

Thanks for posting. ??
View Quote

All I can say is do it. It’s so fun. It’s brought much fun back into 22s and shooting in general.

If the Franklin armory bfs wasn’t so much $$, and not sure how it *feels* (brimstone spoils you as bad as Geissele) I feel like that addition would make this a favorite gun of the collection
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#8]
if you go with a threaded buffer tube style (PMACA) chassis rather than a 1913 end, there is a very inexpensive folding joint available from UTG

https://sapoutfitters.com/product-category/ruger-10-22/704-tactical-charger-build-project/
Top Top