Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2020 9:28:55 AM EDT
I just received a pretty nice suppressor tool from these guys and wanted to let everyone know.

Nothing fancy but definitely handy.  I have found that removing the end cap on my Obsidian 45 after shooting is tough as there is not much in the way of gripping surfaces.  Not much force is required but you sort of need to use the tips of your fingers and a finger nail which is awkward.  The tool fits perfectly and makes this easy.

The tool also fits well over the barrel to loosen up the fixed barrel mount or the piston nut and the "socket" allows a much better grip once the suppressor is off the gun.

Inexpensive, solid enough for reasonable use and very quick turn around from order to receipt.

Gotta give a shout out to a good product.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that 3D printed or machined delrin?  Might be metal, can't tell from photo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe the Warren tools are 3d printed. Speaking of, if anyone needs an Obsidian wrench and has a 3d printer on hand, you can also print this baby out.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4006244
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have their tool for the CGS Kraken/Mod 9. Pretty indispensable in my opinion. Nicely made. CGS recommend Warren when I asked about a tool.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been meaning to snag a couple of these tools.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Many thanks to Britbike2001 for the shout-out!

Our all-new socket set is a huge step up from our legacy products, as we've been continuously improving materials,
processes and production machinery over the almost three years that we've been doing this.

Check out the review video here:

https://youtu.be/4yvTNeRCu-c

These are made from injection mold grade ABS polymer on a Stratasys F120 industrial printer.  The material is no
joke and also won't damage the finish on your mounts and front caps. Coupled with Energetic Armament's Vox
Blox Soft Vise Jaws and steel hook spanners, it's a complete suppressor maintenance and reconfiguration solution.

We're always working on new products and socket models.

Chase
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Many thanks to Britbike2001 for the shout-out!

Our all-new socket set is a huge step up from our legacy products, as we've been continuously improving materials,
processes and production machinery over the almost three years that we've been doing this.

Check out the review video here:

https://youtu.be/4yvTNeRCu-c

These are made from injection mold grade ABS polymer on a Stratasys F120 industrial printer.  The material is no
joke and also won't damage the finish on your mounts and front caps. Coupled with Energetic Armament's Vox
Blox Soft Vise Jaws and steel hook spanners, it's a complete suppressor maintenance and reconfiguration solution.

We're always working on new products and socket models.

Chase
View Quote

Welcome!
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
We need a socket type to fit 22 suppressors for when the rear cap gets stuck on recessed barrel setups. I’ve had my Mask get stuck on my Banshee a few times despite using a good bit of anti-seize and cleaning the barrel threads. The last time it got stuck and I hadn’t even fired it after I put it back on with new anti-seize.

I wish left handed threads on rear caps were standard.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll have to ponder that one.

Actually, having left and right hand threads being different on the barrel and mount present other challenges - once you get one of them tight, it begins to loosen the other. I had an Omega 9K left-hand direct threaded to my MPX and when I got it tight onto the barrel, the mount came loose from the can. That's when I started doing the tools so I could tighten the mount to the barrel without involving the tube. Tucking the can makes it a bigger problem. Luckily the MPX handguard can be removed from the front, exposing the mount and barrel.

This is how I discovered that 3-lug was the way to go.

Regarding the Mask, I'd use one layer of teflon tape on the barrel and maybe two on the mount - that way it would be easier to get off the barrel before the mount unscrews.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll have to ponder that one.

Actually, having left and right hand threads being different on the barrel and mount present other challenges - once you get one of them tight, it begins to loosen the other. I had an Omega 9K left-hand direct threaded to my MPX and when I got it tight onto the barrel, the mount came loose from the can. That's when I started doing the tools so I could tighten the mount to the barrel without involving the tube. Tucking the can makes it a bigger problem. Luckily the MPX handguard can be removed from the front, exposing the mount and barrel.

This is how I discovered that 3-lug was the way to go.

Regarding the Mask, I'd use one layer of teflon tape on the barrel and maybe two on the mount - that way it would be easier to get off the barrel before the mount unscrews.
View Quote

I’ll try the Teflon tape next time.

I’d be all over .22 3-lugs for rifles/SBR’s, as long as it wasn’t a half-assed setup.  I have a Mask, Sparrow SS and a first gen Element.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe the Warren tools are 3d printed. Speaking of, if anyone needs an Obsidian wrench and has a 3d printer on hand, you can also print this baby out.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4006244
View Quote

Thanks for the link. Hot off the printer!

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks for the link. Hot off the printer!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85934/20200925_193227-1607066.jpg
View Quote

No prob, hope you like it!
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one of their tools for my Obsidian 9. Very handy and made solid enough for anything I’d need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top