Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2018 7:00:31 AM EDT
What do I need to do? The internet has so many opinions
Should I do the nfa paperwork first? What forms do I need to fill out? I feel that getting the paperwork done before buying anything is my best bet.
Do I need a gun trust?
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't need a trust but if I were going to do my first one now I would do the silencershop deal.

They will set you up with a trust (single shot or continous use) and I think will helprobably you fill out the form 1 as well.

Steps are as follows...Fill out form 1, trust or individual, send in form 1, wait like 8 months, get form 1 back with stamp affixed and build sbr.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
...or build w/pistol brace, then swap to rifle stock after receiving stamp. Assuming the lower was originally transferred as "other" and pistol was "intent".
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Form 1 a lower, wait for stamp to come in, ship lower to Keith at NFA Investments in TX and have it engraved with your info and shipped back same day, assemble lower and top it off with a 12" 6.8 pig stick
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Form 1 a stripped lower.  When you apply, you will need the make/model and serial number off the lower to put into the paperwork, plus the overall length. I actually watched a you tube video to guide me when I did my two SBR's (I have a trust). I originally built two pistols and SBR'ed them. You can always sell the pistol tube after you get the stamp. And you will have to get it engraved before you build the SBR.

http://youtu.be/Z6ONqI3_QOI
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The Silencer Shop Form 1 process is pretty simple and has good instruction. Very worth the small amount of money they charge for the service IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top