Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2023 5:15:11 PM EDT
Wanting one to match my Centennial model in .44mag. It's my favorite lever gun and IMHO, one of the finest levers ever produced.

Any idea where to get one?  They pop up time to time but usually on GunBroker in the $2500 - $2700 range. I may have to settle for a Chiappa or Uberti
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered a Winchester 92?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Basically the same gun made in same Miroku factory.  Difference is the Browning lacks the needless safety and is true to original JMB design.  Yes, I could do a safety delete, but I'd rather not even have it at all.  I'd rather buy an Italian rifle without it before I'd buy a new Winchester.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
One difference is the Winchesters are actually available, the Chiappas are not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One difference is the Winchesters are actually available, the Chiappas are not.
View Quote
I wish. I've had notifications in on a ton of websites for two years now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish. I've had notifications in on a ton of websites for two years now.
View Quote

Have you checked GunBroker?  I've seen them there often.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Basically the same gun made in same Miroku factory.  Difference is the Browning lacks the needless safety and is true to original JMB design.  Yes, I could do a safety delete, but I'd rather not even have it at all.  I'd rather buy an Italian rifle without it before I'd buy a new Winchester.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you consider it the same gun (I do as well) it seems like it would be cheaper to buy a Winchester and do the safety deletes, then you would have a new gun that's cheaper than a Browning.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top