Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 12:49:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762AP]
OR, "Adventures in Gunbrokering!" Part 2.
A couple years back, I ran into a "bargain priced" M-14 E2 stock minus hardware.
Doing a search, I discovered, by some miracle, that OCRAS, (not their real name), was selling "new manufacture E2" hardware.
Like a fool, I immediately ordered a set.
The parts I received were fresh off the vise, real quality, best Peshwar could produce.
I was not pleased.
I had some issues getting a refund, they shipped it minus some parts, substituted another part, it was a shitshow.
I swore never to order from them again.
Long story short, I saw this on Gunbroker:
Attachment Attached File

Advertised as USGI, good condition. Price was decent. I bought it. My brother has a nice SA M-1A, figured he needed a decent bayonet for it because...it has a bayonet lug.
This is what I got.
Attachment Attached File

Hmmmm...doesn't look...right. I can't put my finger on it, but something isn't quite what I thought I ordered.
Looking at it, the only marks I can find are the file and grind marks. And the blotches from the cold blue application.
I think someone was practicing welding on it, also.
Attachment Attached File

Somewhere along the way, they ran out of the "mil spec" screws and had to go to the "major home appliance screw" bin to finish putting the panels on. Pretty sure they're sand cast.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Not sure how steady the lock up is going to be.
Attachment Attached File

It does appear to be a real USGI scabbard, with new nylon tie down strap material "riveted" on.
The green paint they used to "refinish" it with almost matches.
Attachment Attached File

They missed some spots during "refinishing".
Attachment Attached File

Seller on GB had over 5000 good feedback, I have emailed him, he basically said, "Sorry, send it back. That's what THEY sent me." Meaning, he probably got a crate full, used one pic of a real one he had and was simply pulling out the "new manufacture" ones and shipping those without inspecting them.
This thing is going back tomorrow. He did offer to pay for the return shipping.
So far, this cluster aside, I "think" he's probably honest, assumed his distributor was shipping him what they advertised, so I'll see how it goes.
Either way, there's someone knocking these POS out, so be advised.
I can at least share the knowledge and get a little humor out of it all.
I'm trying to find a positive outlet for my frustrations these days.
Not always that successful.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted this in good humor, and to let anyone else know, that didn't already....that there's some crap out there.
But F me, ORCAS IS selling these! I had no idea when I posted this, sure as shit, type in "ORCAS M-6 bayonet" and this is what comes up:

https://www.sarcoinc.com/u-s-model-m6-m14-bayonet-with-m8a1-scabbard/

Ho-Lee-Phuc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's sarco selling those, yeah they know and hope you don't know.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The buyer I bought it from obviously got it from them. I asked "what about the one pictured" in his listing, he admitted, "That's the picture they sent me".
Imagine living in a country where EVERYTHING was manufactured like that.
Cars, buildings, grocery stores, toilets, zippers....what a craptastic hellscape.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The old bait and switch is alive and well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By meistermash:
If it's sarco selling those, yeah they know and hope you don't know.  
View Quote

I just bought an M7 bayonet from Sarco. It's really damned nice. Fantastic value, and the M8A1 sheath is better than any of the originals I own. Not sure where it's made, but the whole thing is solid.

OP: Thanks for the chuckle. That looks like ass.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lew:

OP: Thanks for the chuckle. That looks like ass.
View Quote

Great! Not only did I get taken, now I'll get a COC violation and a lock!

I wish it looked THAT good....
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By blfuller:
The old bait and switch is alive and well.
View Quote

I ordered an M7 bayonet from the newly reopened Windham Weaponry. I got an Ontario M7b. I wasn't even mad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top