Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2022 12:31:55 AM EDT
Looking to Form 1 a can for a 9mm AR platform.  

Has anyone delt with BAM or other vendors that would be willing to talk via phone or email and make sure I have all the parts I need.

Being 9mm I’m not worried about pressure and a homemade can.  Also, thought about the “Feul filter” option ….anyone form 1 one of those? (Besides that video from ‘truth about guns’ guy)

FYI, I plan on getting the approved Form 1 before ordering to avoid the current BS with those getting letters who ordered from other vendors.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
No vendor will tell you what you need as they dont sell silencer parts. Its just the way it is.

Go join form1.org and start reading all the pistol threads. Then decide what you want, for length and diameter. The current hotness is 1.375 od and 1.255 id tubes, but if the extra .06 height over bore does not bother you then 1.5 tubes are just fine and there are more parts available.

You wont go wrong with a 6-7 inch tube stuffed full of dino Radisaurus cups with the right clips and the booster of choice. Then you just need to find the adapter for the booster and end cap of choice with a spacer to work. If you dont want to wait for the radisaurus cups even the 50's will do great.

edit, sorry I missed the ar part, not booster needed. I read the reply below and saw my error.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If your content on a just the 9mm for AR only, you are can go 1.5" over 1.375 (weight and clearing pistol sights not important) and you don't need a booster.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.

Just to be “safe” I believe I’m going to order the tube first. Engrave it.  Get F1 back, then order insides.

Yes, it’s for an AR so no booster needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top