Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 5:15:42 PM EDT
I found a AGM NVG 40, New housing. MX10160 L3 Gen 3 tubes (Surplus tubed from Kosher in 2022). I thought I read once these tubes were 20+ years old. Any concerns?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
20 YEAR old tubes? Yikes.

I get looking for low cost deals, but you also have to be careful of "stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime."
View Quote
I don't know that for a fact. I thought I read on facebook that the tubes they were surplusing were 20 years old. I was wondering if anyone knew.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner] [#5]

View Quote

Tube 1

video 2

If something happens to one of the tubes, I believe I can swap the other into a PVS-14 housing. It that correct? He is asking $3,400.00

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chosos:
that's a fair price. If those are autogated tubes, it is an even better deal. I wouldnt really expect either tube to die anytime soon unless you abuse them. That housing isn't horrible, but it is heavy. Also, the optics are not mil spec, so you'll get some lens flares, but I've owned that same housing, and used it without issue.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. They are not autogated and they do have some slight peppering on them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#9]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

Yessir, you could throw the 10160 into a -14 but the gain knob won’t function. I don’t do FB so can’t use the links

Seems like a decent price but @chosos or @French1966 will have a better handle on the current used market than I do to be honest
View Quote

If it was something I was buying I would look to pay $3k or less. Although I’ve never owned one (nor do I want to), I see what they usually sell for, and the pricing on them is very similar to surplus anvis units.

I can’t say much about them never having handled one. I would however say that what little value it does have, it’s worth more as a complete working bino than it is trying to part it out. The housing/glass alone would be a difficult sale imo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top