Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2024 1:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1MRBEAN]
What i have is a basically a new stripped SA INC M1 Garand receiver that had all the GI parts removed and i was wondering what the value might be. I emailed SAI and they dated it to 1984 . When I asked about who casted the receiver they said it was made by SAI in Illinois.  

Thanks !
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
M1 or M1A?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I would estimate $400-550. I would not be surprised if I am low if sold on GB by the right seller. Common good shape M1 USGI receivers sell for $650 lately.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cschaeff:
M1 or M1A?
View Quote

M1 Garand.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
I would estimate $400-550. I would not be surprised if I am low if sold on GB by the right seller. Common good shape M1 USGI receivers sell for $650 lately.
View Quote

Makes me feel old.  My M1 cost less than that complete.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:22:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#5]
I believe those were cast by Lithgow (ADI) in Australia for Springfield even though they tried to conceal that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's a Lithgow-cast receiver it should read "Lithgow" along the bottom of the receiver where
it meets the wood, or at least the ones I've seen were like that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BigsWick:
If it's a Lithgow-cast receiver it should read "Lithgow" along the bottom of the receiver where
it meets the wood, or at least the ones I've seen were like that.
View Quote

I've read that Lithgow, Beretta and a contractor in Canada produced receivers. I cant really find any pics that show markings. Mine is below.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the area I was trying to describe:

I've only ever seen a couple of Lithgows. The last one a guy tried to sell to me, claiming it was a Springfield Garand he'd bought at the CMP. He wanted $1,000.
Fortunately he didn't live very far away from me so I went over to look at it. Saw immediately it was SAI. He refined his story to say he was at a match at the CMP
and bought the rifle at the SAI booth. Lithgow receiver. I passed. Opinions on the CMP forums was that the rifle was worth about $400- the sum total of its USGI parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top