Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2018 1:27:59 AM EDT
Does anyone have the link to the Utube video showing how to set the focus on a PVS 4? It's an excellent video, but I lost the link and I can't seem to find it searching. I originally found it here in a post a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Loosen the infinity lock, then install a 3-point mask over the scope ( Daylight adapter ). Set to the largest holes available at night for starlight adjustment.

Adjust at night, using bright stars. Focus until the three star patterns at infinity merge to a single star, then go about 10 degrees past that. Tighten the infinity lock.

Done.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that info. I saved it into a text file. I don't quite understand why you need the day filter on to look at the stars and focus at night? I always understood the way to do was the way you describe, but without the filter needed?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't need the filter, but it has the effect of creating three separate images instead of a single large blurred image due to multiple depth of field anomalies caused by the DSA.

So in estimating the perfect "focus" you can just do it by sight, but if you have three converging images, it's much easier to get accurately focused at infinity.

Think of it as a useful "trick" rather than a requirement.

David.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh, I see! Thanks David!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top