Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2018 9:06:35 PM EDT
Have the opportunity to purchase a night enforcer pvs14. It's not auto-gated.

Not really familiar with NVG.

Tube is marked KM 272864-8 0538

Looks very clear, dual battery.

Price is 1650

Decent price or save for something better?
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have the opportunity to purchase a night enforcer pvs14. It's not auto-gated.

Not really familiar with NVG.

Tube is marked KM 272864-8 0538

Looks very clear, dual battery.

Price is 1650

Decent price or save for something better?
View Quote

IMHO it's better to save a little more buy new, get a 10 year warranty, get a higher spec tube which will allow you to see in near pitch black conditions. JRH has a special going on their Gen3 ITT/Harris PVS 14 HP+ for 2,899. This deal is the best I have found to date and they're a site sponsor. Robert is a great guy and will make sure you are well taken care of. Don't waste money on a starter unit just to be unsatisfied/out classed by todays modern NV. Selling a older unit and buying a better one later will end up costing you more money in the long run. I've been in your shoes and didn't listen to when others told me the same thing.
https://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14-High-Performance-HP-Pinnacle-Autogated-Night-Vision-PVS14.htm
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t think you’ll lose much money at $1650 with a gen 3 pvs14.  It’s just not going to depreciate much more than that.  So it’s a good jump in point.  A few hundred more won’t get you much more, especially new.  You’ll need to nearly double your price point o get what was suggested.  I’d buy at $1650 and see how I liked it.  As long as nothing breaks, that’s bottom dollar for even an old tube,
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That’s not bad if the tube is clean but truth be told I’d keep an eye on EE. I see a lot of good deals for just a tad more.

Of course, it all depends on what your usage plans are. I’m fairly ignorant on non gated tubes but from what little I’ve read there are some applications in which they are better than gated tubes.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Offer 1200. If you get it for under 1500, it's usually cheaper than what you can build one for
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I was able to pick it up.

I snapped some pics with my phone.

First is with gain all the way down

Attachment Attached File

This is with gain all the way up.

Attachment Attached File

And control for reference

Attachment Attached File

I know they are terrible pics.  I can't really notice anything majorly wrong but I'm new to this. Any input?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a clean tube.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Great deal
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great deal
View Quote
Agreed. Lots of poo pooing of buying used and I get it, it’s a lot of money that can potentially be wasted but if you are smart about it you can get nice stuff for roughly 50% of the cost of buying new. Sometimes even more.

Especially if you’re just tooling around hiking or target shooting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Did good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top