Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2023 12:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ]
Anyone have word on when KAC plans to start offering an updated field repair kit that includes everything to properly rebuild the E3.2 bolts? I keep seeing the regular kits come into stock here and there, but nothing for the new bolts. They've been out long enough that guys are going to be needing them soon, if not already.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
@Jack_L
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to confirm, the 3.2 bolt added another ejector and  different ejector springs? Is the extractor the same?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:
Just to confirm, the 3.2 bolt added another ejector and  different ejector springs? Is the extractor the same?
View Quote

Extractor is the same, but they added an o-ring that sits under the extractor tail and between the two extractor springs. Somewhere around here, I posted pics of the disassembled E3.2 bolt components next to their standard E3 counterparts for comparison.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I think all that is needed is 1 additional milspec ejector and spring, ejector roll pin 1/16x7/16, McMaster-Carr # 92383A105 and 1 O-ring 3/64, McMaster Carr # 9464K102- 002
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
I think all that is needed is 1 additional milspec ejector and spring, ejector roll pin 1/16x7/16, McMaster-Carr # 92383A105 and 1 O-ring 3/64, McMaster Carr # 9464K102- 002
View Quote

So they are still milspec ejectors and springs? If so that is great. Thanks for the McMaster part numbers
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:

So they are still milspec ejectors and springs? If so that is great. Thanks for the McMaster part numbers
View Quote

I hope so
@Jack_L
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could find the pictures I posted here, but I haven't been able to locate them searching. I remember the E3.2 ejectors being slightly different than a standard ejector. I believe it was their diameter that was a bit larger, but I can't remember right now for sure.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
I wish I could find the pictures I posted here, but I haven't been able to locate them searching. I remember the E3.2 ejectors being slightly different than a standard ejector. I believe it was their diameter that was a bit larger, but I can't remember right now for sure.
View Quote

In any event, the ejectors themselves shouldn't need replacement under most cicumstances.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:57:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#9]

In any event, the ejectors themselves shouldn't need replacement under most cicumstances.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is most likely true. The ejectors themselves would likely last near forever without failing, and I don't recall ever having personally seen a broken ejector. I would still prefer to install replacements during a bolt refurb rather than reusing them. Thinking about where they live and the critical function they're performing in the cycle of operation, it just makes the most sense to replace them versus reuse. But we can only do what we can do for now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have word on when KAC plans to start offering an updated field repair kit that includes everything to properly rebuild the E3.2 bolts? I keep seeing the regular kits come into stock here and there, but nothing for the new bolts. They've been out long enough that guys are going to be needing them soon, if not already.
View Quote

Full E3.2 bolts and E3.2 bolt-specific repair kits will be available shortly.
No, I don't have an exact timeline as right now everything being made is going out the door, but there is a plan and we should be there by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jack_L:

No, I don't have an exact timeline as right now everything being made is going out the door, but there is a plan and we should be there by the end of the year.
View All Quotes

That's awesome. Thanks for the info. 👍
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone heard anything regarding an updated timeline for the availability of E3.2 field repair kits? Jack mentioned back in September that they should be ready with replacement bolts and/or kits by the end of 2023, but I haven't seen anything as of yet. Maybe by chance someone received word about them during SHOT Show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone heard anything regarding an updated timeline for the availability of E3.2 field repair kits? Jack mentioned back in September that they should be ready with replacement bolts and/or kits by the end of 2023, but I haven't seen anything as of yet. Maybe by chance someone received word about them during SHOT Show.
View Quote

We got crushed with demand on not only guns but also spares and repair parts to support those fielding efforts.
Replacement bolts and E3.2 parts kits will be released as soon as we get sufficient inventory on shelf.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#14]

We got crushed with demand on not only guns but also spares and repair parts to support those fielding efforts.
Replacement bolts and E3.2 parts kits will be released as soon as we get sufficient inventory on shelf.
View All Quotes

Understood. Thanks for the update, Jack.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Just remembering:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Love seeing these things. Even the simple ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top