Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2018 9:29:21 PM EDT
Ran across one local,bright shiny blue,in oil finished GI stock.
Has 3 or 4 mags with it.Very clean,but i know little of them.
He wants $500....worth it?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
$300
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$300
View Quote
Thanks, i think i will pass on it then.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
if its an early Inland that mostly uses GI surplus parts and is in mint condition, $500 is probably the going rate.  Maybe even a deal where you live.

But if the recoil op rod is commercial with two slots in it, its worth about $50 and that is only so you can sell off the parts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The very early Universal carbines had GI trigger housings, and they transitioned to a GI style trigger housing made from aluminum. The later ones have the Universal designed aluminum trigger housing that is slab sided (mag well width front to back), and that change appeared as early as about 18,000 and was the norm after about 44,000.

However, Universal didn't stray too far from the original design until after SN 100,000 and I'd pay $500 for one under that number.

This is the best site I've found for information on he huge number of commercial M1 carbines.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbines.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top